Old Version of 7Zip 4.42
Legacy OS support
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows NT 3.5
- Compressing speed and Memory requirements were increased.
- Default dictionary size was increased: Fastest: 64 KB, Fast: 1 MB,
- Normal: 4 MB, Max: 16 MB, Ultra: 64 MB.
- BZip2 compressing / decompressing now can work in…
7-Zip (also written as seven zip) is a file archiver predominantly for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It operates either as a command line program or with a graphical user interface. It also features integration with the Windows shell environment. 7-Zip is free software, developed by Igor Pavlov and distributed under the GNU LGPL license. In the form of p7-Zip , 7-Zip has been ported for use on Unix-like systems such as Linux and FreeBSD. It is a competitor to the market-leading WinZip and WinRAR programs, both of which are closed source.
- High compression ratio in 7-zip format
- Supports all common formats such as ZIP, RAR, ISO, GZIP, TAR, BZIP2, etc.
- Command line version
- Localization for 63 languages
- Works with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
- Freeware, use it at no cost.
Updates : 7Zip Updates
Did You Know?
The main features of 7-Zip are : High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression with the full support of the formats : 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR including packing and unpacking, and has the ability to unpack ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.