Old Version of BearShare Lite 5.2.1
Legacy OS support
45 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows NT 4.0
- 4 megabytes of free disk space for the BearShare program and its support files
- As much free disk space as necessary to save downloaded files
- Space for your shared files, if any
- 32 megabytes minimum
- A 166MHz Pentium class CPU or higher is required
- You must have an Internet connection to search, download, and share files on the Internet.
- Change log not available
BearShare is a popular Gnutella-based file sharing application originally created by Free Peers, Inc.. It runs under Microsoft Windows and comes in several versions, including an advertising supported version, a paid Pro version with no advertisements, and a Lite (stripped down) free version. The advertising-supported version has been criticised in the past for bundling spyware applications as a revenue stream.
- View other users' profiles, photos and music library.
- Leave comments about your friends and favorite artists.
- Supports hundreds of MP3 players.
- Send messages and instant messages to other users, while listening together to the same music.
- Highly customizable interface
Updates : BearShare Updates
Did You Know?
On the 17 August 2006, MusicLab released Bearshare v6, which does not use the Gnutella protocol at all, but instead operates on the same network as the iMesh client.