Old Version of BearShare 6.0
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher. Windows Media Player 10 Series is highly recommended.
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above.
- Hard Drive: Approximately 13 MB for BearShare. Around 18 MB for Windows Media Player if it is not already installed.
- As much free disk space as necessary to save downloaded files
- Space for your shared files, if any
- Memory: 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended.
- CPU: 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system); Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
- You must have an Internet connection to search, download, and share files on the Internet. Broadband/High-Speed internet connection recommended.
- Change log not available
BearShare is a popular Gnutella-based file sharing application originally created by Free Peers, Inc.. It runs under Microsoft Windows and comes in several versions, including an advertising supported version, a paid Pro version with no advertisements, and a Lite (stripped down) free version. The advertising-supported version has been criticised in the past for bundling spyware applications as a revenue stream.
- View other users' profiles, photos and music library.
- Leave comments about your friends and favorite artists.
- Supports hundreds of MP3 players.
- Send messages and instant messages to other users, while listening together to the same music.
- Highly customizable interface
Updates : BearShare Updates
Did You Know?
On the 17 August 2006, MusicLab released Bearshare v6, which does not use the Gnutella protocol at all, but instead operates on the same network as the iMesh client.