Old Version of BearShare 6.0
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher. Windows Media Player 10 Series is highly recommended.
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above.
- Hard Drive: Approximately 13 MB for BearShare. Around 18 MB for Windows Media Player if it is not already installed.
- As much free disk space as necessary to save downloaded files
- Space for your shared files, if any
- Memory: 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended.
- CPU: 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system); Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
- You must have an Internet connection to search, download, and share files on the Internet. Broadband/High-Speed internet connection recommended.
- Change log not available
BearShare is a popular Gnutella-based file sharing application originally created by Free Peers, Inc.. It runs under Microsoft Windows and comes in several versions, including an advertising supported version, a paid Pro version with no advertisements, and a Lite (stripped down) free version. The advertising-supported version has been criticised in the past for bundling spyware applications as a revenue stream.
- View other users' profiles, photos and music library.
- Leave comments about your friends and favorite artists.
- Supports hundreds of MP3 players.
- Send messages and instant messages to other users, while listening together to the same music.
- Highly customizable interface
Updates : BearShare Updates
Did You Know?
With BearShare 8 you get: instant connections, a powerful search engine, and great tools to share and experience music including, playlists, unique compilations and great mood music.