Old Version of Python 2.0.1
Legacy OS support
45 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Python 2.0.1 is GPL-compatible.
- A few references to Python 2.1 in the LICENSE were changed to 2.0.1.
- Bogus indentation in Lib/statcache.py was fixed.
- A few small nits in the documentation were fixed and the new license…
Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code. Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
- very clear, readable syntax
- strong introspection capabilities
- intuitive object orientation
- natural expression of procedural code
- full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
- exception-based error handling
- very high level dynamic data types
- extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
- extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
- embeddable within applications as a scripting interfac
Updates : Python Updates
Did You Know?
Python supports multiple programming paradigms, primarily but not limited to object oriented, imperative and, to a lesser extent, functional programming.