Old Version of Python 3.1.4 (x64)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows 2000 x64
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unittest features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python…
Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code. Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
- very clear, readable syntax
- strong introspection capabilities
- intuitive object orientation
- natural expression of procedural code
- full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
- exception-based error handling
- very high level dynamic data types
- extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
- extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
- embeddable within applications as a scripting interfac
Updates : Python Updates
Did You Know?
The Python interpreter can be extended easily with new functions and data types implemented in either C or C++ or other similar languages. Python is also suitable as an extension language for customizable applications.