Old Version of Python 2.2.3
Legacy OS support
35 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Fix memory leaks in Tkapp_Split and Tkapp_SplitList.
- On Posix systems, as of Python 2.2, the arguments for socket.socket() default to AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM. This is now so for the Windows-specific wrapper in socket.py as well.
Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code. Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
- very clear, readable syntax
- strong introspection capabilities
- intuitive object orientation
- natural expression of procedural code
- full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
- exception-based error handling
- very high level dynamic data types
- extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
- extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
- embeddable within applications as a scripting interfac
Updates : Python Updates
Did You Know?
Python’s elegant syntax and dynamic typing, together with its interpreted nature, make it an ideal language for scripting and rapid application development in many areas on most platforms.