Old Version of VLC Player 2.2.0 (RC 2)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Hardware decoding and zero-copy rendering for Linux (VDPAU), Android (MediaCodec), Linux rPI (MMAL)
- Automatic rotation to fight Vertical Video Syndrome, GPU accelerated
- New formats supported, like MKV/Opus/VP9, H.265, Ogg/VP8,…
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, avi) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Player Features
- It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
- VLC Player needs little CPU power
- VLC can use a large number of input devices
- Easy to use interface.
Updates : VLC Player Updates
Did You Know?
VLC is popular for its ability to play the video content of incomplete, unfinished, or damaged video downloads before the files have been fully downloaded.