Old Version of VLC Player 0.8.1
Legacy OS support
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Core support:
- Include TLS/SSL API (on plattforms where libgnutls is available)
- SSL support in the HTTP daemon (HTTP stream output and HTTP interface)
- Windows port:
- Fixed win32 multichannel audio output support…
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, avi) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Player Features
- It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
- VLC Player needs little CPU power
- VLC can use a large number of input devices
- Easy to use interface.
Updates : VLC Player Updates
Did You Know?
VLC on GNU/Linux, Solaris, and Microsoft Windows has playback control support via libcdio and libvcdinfo. On other platforms, SVCD support varies depending on the availability of these libraries. (Volunteers for adding support are always welcome.). Handling still frames (often used in menus) and switching between different video formats is problematic.