Old Version of VLC Player 0.8.4
Legacy OS support
42 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Core support:
- Internal strings handling is now UTF-8 based
- New OSD system
- Video output:
- Fixed problems with OpenGL output
- New --monitor-par (pixel aspect ratio) option
- Fixed display problems…
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, avi) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Player Features
- It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
- VLC Player needs little CPU power
- VLC can use a large number of input devices
- Easy to use interface.
Updates : VLC Player Updates
Did You Know?
On Mac OS X 10.4 or later, VLC is able to grab video and audio from EyeTV applications and therefore all EyeTV-compatible capture devices. The user needs to install a plugin to EyeTV.app in order to use this features. Guidance is provided in the User Interface. Requires VLC 0.9.0 or later.