Old Version of VLC Player 0.8.5
Legacy OS support
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Core support:
- Statistics collection (bitrates, packets, connections, ...)
- Support for downloading updates
- Updated strings
- Initial support for RTSP-over-HTTP (to allow NAT traversal)
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, avi) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Player Features
- It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
- VLC Player needs little CPU power
- VLC can use a large number of input devices
- Easy to use interface.
Updates : VLC Player Updates
Did You Know?
VLC Media Player makes it easy to add subtitles to your video files too - just add the SRT file to the folder where your video is kept, and it will automatically play with subtitles. The interface is functional, but by no means attractive - but you can download skins to completely change VLC Media Player's appearance. The preferences menu is comprehensive without being overwhelming, and there is extensive documentation online.