Version History of VLC Player 1.0.0Important notes:
- Alsa and OSS audio capture has been removed from the v4l and v4l2 accesses. See 'Access:' for more info.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.4.x was dropped due to its technical limitations
- Instantaneous pausing
- Frame-by-Frame playback
- Finer speed control
- On-the-fly recording for all medias
- Timeshift for most medias
- RTSP trickplay support
- Subtitles core improvements and fixes
- New AES3 (SMPTE 302M) decoder
- New Dolby Digital Plus - E-AC-3 (A/52b) decoder
- New True HD/MLP decoder and parser
- New Blu-Ray Linear PCM decoder
- New QCELP (Qualcomm PureVoice) decoder
- Improved Real Video 3.0 & 4.0 decoder
- New WMA v1/2 fixed point integer decoder
- Closed Captions using the SCTE-20 standard are now correctly decoded
- Improvement of WavPack decoder to support all integer modes and float mode
- Corrections on 5.1 and 7.1 channel decoding and ordering
- Support for Dirac, MLP and RealVideo in Matroska files
- Major improvements in RealMedia files opening (.rm and .rmvb)
- Improvements of the TS demuxer for M2TS files from Blu-Ray and AVCHD
- Metadata for mod files are supported
- GSM codecs in Wav files are supported
- New raw audio demuxer supporting raw PCM streams
- New Dirac demuxer for raw Dirac streams
- Dirac encoding using libdirac (supported in Ogg and in TS)
- Shine mp3 fixed-point encoder
- RTSP authentication with Darwin Streaming Server
- On-the-fly gzip and bzip2 file decompression (except on Windows)
- Playback for video in uncompressed multi-RAR archives
- DVB-S and ATSC cards support on Windows
- New OSS and Alsa accesses. The v4l2 and v4l modules no longer support
- OSS or Alsa audio input. Use --input-slave alsa:// or oss:// if needed.
- DVB scanning on linux
- EXPERIMENTAL Blu-Ray Disc and AVCHD Folders support
- On-the-fly zip file decompression and browsing (MRL of the form zip://file.zip!/file.avi to specify the file - the development form of zip://file.zip|file.avi is not supported anymore)
- Opening of any file descriptor using 'fd://'
- MTP device access on Unix
- CD-Text support on the cdda module (CD-Audio)
- :start-time and :stop-time can handle sub-second values
- Mouse cursor support in x11 and win32 screen modules
- Screen module now features partial screen capture and mouse following on
- Windows and Mac OS X.
- Export the playlist in HTML
- Lua script for BBC radio playback
- Better metadata handling and reading
- Global Hotkeys on Windows and Linux
- Various fixes for skins2 interface
- Recently played items list
- Interface toolbar customizations
- Various Improvements on the Qt interface:
- More menus actions
- Finer speed slider
- Improvements on many dialogs
- New dialog for plugins listing
- Fixed-size mode for videos
- Better Teletext, trickplay and encrypted streams control
- Better integration in GTK environments
- Restored the old mpeg2 transrating module.
- Multiple bridge-in instances are now possible.
- bridge-in can be used to configure a placeholder stream.
- Remote Audio Output Protocol (AirTunes) module.
- Fixed mosaic memleak. Mosaics are now usable again.
- New Maemo port with:
- an interface based on Hildon framework.
- scaler based on the swscale_nokia770 library.
Windows CE Port:
- EXPERIMENTAL work for the winCE port has been done.
- Removed obsolete Esound and aRts plugins
- Surround support for PulseAudio
- Effects (cube, torus, etc.) removed from OpenGL video output
- Video is able to stay in original size and to zoom in fullscreen
- (hotkey 'o') while keeping black borders
- Image video output has been rewritten into a video-filter named 'scene'.
- The old image video output has been removed.
- Support for scaling and converting video chromas with FFMPEG imgresample was withdrawn due to bugs. Please use the newer FFMPEG swscale instead.
- Invmem, a fake codec to display images from external applications