Old Version of VMware Player 5.0.1
Legacy OS support
0 scans reported this version clean
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 x64
- Support for Ubuntu 12.10 as a host and guest has been added to Player 5.0.1
- Solaris 11 has been added to guest OS list.
Screenshots are not available for this software
VMware Player, which offers free software to host virtual machines, can run guest virtual machines produced by other VMware products, but cannot itself create new virtual machines. VMware's website provides many free virtual-disk images of preconfigured operating-systems and applications, many of them community-contributed. Freeware tools also exist for creating VMs, mounting, manipulating and converting VMware disks and floppies, so VMware Player users can create, run and maintain virtual machines for free (even for commercial use).
VMware Player Features
- Copy and paste. Copy text and files between the virtual machine and the host PC.
- Drag and drop. Drag and drop files between a Windows host PC and a Windows virtual machine.
- Integrated Google Search. VMware Player includes Google search capabilities, fully integrated for conveniently searching the web without launching a browser.
Updates : VMware Player Updates
Did You Know?
VMware Player is the easiest way to run multiple operating systems at the same time on your PC. With its user-friendly interface, VMware Player makes it effortless for anyone to try out Windows 7, Chrome OS or the latest Linux releases, or create isolated virtual machines to safely test new software and surf the Web. VMware Player can also be used to run a virtual copy of an old PC so that you can recycle the old machines you have under your desk or stored in the closet.