Version History of Wordpress 3.8
Introduces a new, modern admin design
- A fresh, uncluttered design
- Clean typography with Open Sans
- Superior contrast and large, comfortable type
- Responsive interfaces throughout
- Refined, theme management
- Smoother, click-to-add widget management
New Default Theme - Twenty Fourteen
- Easily create a responsive magazine website with a sleek, modern design.
- Feature your favorite homepage content in either a grid or a slider.
- Use the three widget areas to customize your website, and change your content's layout with a full-width page template and a contributor page to show off your authors.
- External Libraries have been updated.
- Better RTL support
- Fix bug where top-level categories were only redirecting if they had no children
- Fix bug in wp_get_object_terms() where returned were strings not integers
- Fix a bug where passing a null value to meta_query resulted in wonkiness with the comparison operator
- Fix "'wp_signups' already exists for query" error after updating a Multisite network
- Fix bug in get_bookmarks() caused by missing parentheses
- Fix comment_notification_recipients filter behavior so that it is still respected even on comments left by the post author
- Fix a date comparison error in dashboard_relative_date()
- Fix keyboard accessibility for row actions in list tables.
- Fix no-js and accessibility modes in in the Widgets screen
- Fix a bug where menus could still be assigned to a non-existent theme location
- Silence jQuery Migrate errors in the General settings page