Old Version of WordPress 3.1.3
Legacy OS support
- PHP version 4.3 or greater
- MySQL version 4.1.2 or greater
- (Optional) Apache mod_rewrite module (for clean URIs known as Permalinks)
- Various security hardening by Alexander Concha.
- Taxonomy query hardening by John Lamansky.
- Prevent sniffing out user names of non-authors by using canonical redirects. Props VerÃ³nica Valeros.
WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. What a mouthful. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. More simply, WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it.
- Generates standards-compliant XML, XHTML, and CSS
- Integrated link management
- Search engine-friendly permalink structure
- Extensible plugin support
- Nested categories and multiple categories for articles
- TrackBack and Pingback
- Typographic filters for proper formatting and styling of text
- Static Pages
- Multiple Authors
Updates : Wordpress Updates
Did You Know?
WordPress is an open source CMS too, also used as a blog publishing application powered by PHP and MySQL. WP has a lot of features including a plugin architecture and a templating system. Used by over 2% of the 10,000 biggest websites, WordPress is the most popular blog software in use today.