Old Version of XChat 2.8.1b
Legacy OS support
43 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Fixed two small crash bugs, one associated with creating unicode log filenames, and the other with opening URLs in your browser.
- Fixed use of GB18030 and ISO-2022-JP character sets (which was a bug in 2.8.1a only).
X-Chat, commonly written XChat or xchat, is one of the most popular IRC clients for Unix-like systems. It is also available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X (via an offshoot of the project, called X-Chat Aqua, which keeps in sync with the main development branch and is much more popular than the official version maintained by the Fink project).
It has a choice of a tabbed or tree interface, support for multiple servers, and a high level of configurability. Both command line and graphical versions are available, although use of the graphical version far outweighs use of the command line version.
- Lightweight - Very samll installatoin files
- Plugins supported
- Tabbed interface
- High Level of Configurability
- Graphical and command line version availability
Updates : X-Chat Updates
Did You Know?
XChat is available in both command line and GUI.