Old Version of XChat 2.8.5a
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Fixed a bug in editing network and server names in the \"Network List\" window, where the Enter key would also cause the Close button to be pressed.
- Fixed a bug in creating ScrollBack folders, where it could create sub-directories when…
X-Chat, commonly written XChat or xchat, is one of the most popular IRC clients for Unix-like systems. It is also available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X (via an offshoot of the project, called X-Chat Aqua, which keeps in sync with the main development branch and is much more popular than the official version maintained by the Fink project).
It has a choice of a tabbed or tree interface, support for multiple servers, and a high level of configurability. Both command line and graphical versions are available, although use of the graphical version far outweighs use of the command line version.
- Lightweight - Very samll installatoin files
- Plugins supported
- Tabbed interface
- High Level of Configurability
- Graphical and command line version availability
Updates : X-Chat Updates
Did You Know?
Both command line and graphical versions are available. The main code is licensed under the GNU General Public License, but the official Windows version is Shareware, and uses the GTK+ toolkit for its interface.