Old Version of XChat 2.8.5a
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Fixed a bug in editing network and server names in the \"Network List\" window, where the Enter key would also cause the Close button to be pressed.
- Fixed a bug in creating ScrollBack folders, where it could create sub-directories when…
X-Chat, commonly written XChat or xchat, is one of the most popular IRC clients for Unix-like systems. It is also available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X (via an offshoot of the project, called X-Chat Aqua, which keeps in sync with the main development branch and is much more popular than the official version maintained by the Fink project).
It has a choice of a tabbed or tree interface, support for multiple servers, and a high level of configurability. Both command line and graphical versions are available, although use of the graphical version far outweighs use of the command line version.
- Lightweight - Very samll installatoin files
- Plugins supported
- Tabbed interface
- High Level of Configurability
- Graphical and command line version availability
Updates : X-Chat Updates
Did You Know?
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.