Version History of Adobe AIR 3.8 (Beta)
- Sandboxing enhancements
This feature adds enhancements to the existing sandbox feature by better addressing application launches in protected mode
- Recursive stop on MovieClip
For Flash Player, this feature allows a game developer to effectively pause/stop a running SWF without having to iterate through all of the objects on the DisplayList.
- Datagram Socket (iOS & Android)
DatagramSocket APIs are now supported for iOS and Android also. This will work only with swf-version 21 or later.
- Server Socket (iOS & Android)
ServerSocket APIs are now supported for iOS and Android also. This will work only with swf-version 21 or later.
- LZMA SWF support (iOS & Android)
LZMA compressed swfs can now be packaged for iOS and Android targets and are supported.
- 4096x4096 texture support
With this feature, a new profile, BASELINE_EXTENDED is introduced in the class flash.display3D.Context3DProfile, which will support amaximum texture size of 4096X4096.
- Runtime Versions
- Flash Player Desktop only: 11.8.800.50 (no update)
- AIR Runtime Desktop:22.214.171.1240
- AIR Runtime Android:126.96.36.1990
- AIR SDK & Compiler: 188.8.131.520