Version History of Adobe AIR 4.0 (Beta)
New and Updated Features
- Mac .pkg Installation Support – Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide.
- In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12 we've incorporated public beta feedback from system administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support - Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we plan to officially support this in Flash Player 12
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher - Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- 64-Bit PPAPI Flash Player for Chrome - We'd like to encourage those interested in 64-bit Flash Player for Chrome to please download the latest build available in the Chrome Canary Channel.
- Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D - We've added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines two constants, STATIC_DRAW (default) and DYNAMIC_DRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We've also added a new parameter, called "bufferUsage", to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This "bufferUsage" parameter usesone of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
- Android Workers - Introduced as a beta feature in AIR 3.9, we're continuing to improve this feature based on your feedback in preperation for an official release in AIR 4.
- Android - Support for native resources access by R* mechanism in native extension