Old Version of AOL Instant Messenger 184.108.40.206
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Change log not available
AOL Instant Messenger is World's most popular chatting program. AOL instant Messenger (AIM) service is a free online service that lets you communicate with family, friends and co-workers in real time. Using the AIM Buddy List® feature you can see when your buddies are online and available to instant message. The newest version of AIM lets you to take instant messaging to the next level! With Video IM, Screen Name Linking, AIM Games and Mobile IM, instant messaging has become more fun than ever!
AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) Features
- Get in touch with friends and family instantly via AIM on Facebook, Twitter, or elsewhere.
- A function of some instant messaging applications whereby a user may post a message that appears automatically to other users if they attempt to make contact, and he or she is not available.
- The centrepiece of AIM, a list containing the status of up to 600 buddies stored on an AIM server so you can access this list from any instance of AIM. The status can be 'online', 'away', 'idle', 'mobile', or 'offline'.
- If a user is feeling threatened or annoyed by someone, he or she can "block" the sender, which prevents the sender from contacting the user by any means.
- AIM users can connect to each other on port 5190 and send various forms of media.
Updates : AOL Instant Messenger Updates
Did You Know?
AIM 6.1, added Buddy List docking, support for inserting images into Buddy Info, the ability to change the highlight colors of the UI, improvements to the displaying of Linked Screen Names, several bug fixes, and improved Windows Vista support.