Old Version of ATI Catalyst 4.7
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2008
- Change log not available
ATI's Windows Radeon driver package is called CATALYST. The CATALYST software was instituted after the release of the Radeon 8500, as a marketing effort to match nVidia's universal Detonator driver packages. This new driver development paradigm at ATI promised monthly driver updates which included performance enhancements, bug fixes, and new features. As of 2006, the CATALYST driver package typically included ATI's CATALYST Control Center; an interface for manipulating many of the hardware's functions within Windows XP, such as 3D settings, monitor controls, video options, among other things. It also offered a small 3D preview, allowing the user to see how changes to the graphics settings affected the quality of the rendered image. The old control panel interface (within Windows' Display Properties) was previously a fall-back option, but that has been discontinued as of CATALYST 5.13. The CATALYST package can be downloaded in pieces as well, for non-broadband users. For example, the display driver can be downloaded alone, separated from the CATALYST Control Center and WDM VIVO drivers.
ATI Catalyst Features
- Monitor properties: Multiple monitor - Additional monitor running in either extended desktop mode or desktop replication
- HDTV support - Setting display resolutions (720p/1080i/1080p) and refresh rates (60 Hz to 85 Hz) to fit HDTV connected via component or HDMI
- 3D settings - such as Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering
- ATI Avivo - hardware acceleration of video decoding includes a set of video settings like gamma correction, only applies to the Radeon X1000 series, HD 2000/3000 series, and HD 4000 series
- SmartGart (available to AGP products only)
- VPU Recovery - Resets graphics processor in case it no longer responds to display driver
- ATI Overdrive - Overclocking of video cards to enhance performance
- ATI PowerPlay - Adjust power saving plans to the GPU, only applies to Mobility Radeon, Radeon HD 3800 series and Radeon HD4800 Series
- ATI CrossFireX - Manages the use of multiple graphics cards bridged with ATI's proprietary CrossFireX standard.
Updates : AMD (ATI) Catalyst Drivers Updates
Did You Know?
ATI Catalyst Control Center user interface use the simple ATI Catalyst Control Center Wizard to configure PC or HDTV display settings, 3D settings, and video settings in just a few simple steps. with Display Management easily configure displays for optimal viewing, including multiple display configurations (extended, spanning, cloning if supported by the operating system) on every type of display (CRT, LCD, DFP, TV, HDTV). Drive up to three PC displays simultaneously with ATI SurroundView™. In 3D Settings, interact with a real-time 3D preview that demonstrates the effect of enabling various 3D settings for the best Direct3D or OpenGL game performance and rendering quality. Using Overdrive maximize the performance of your AMD graphics accelerator using Overdrive’s over-clocking controls. And Video Settings control an array of HD video settings and fine-tune big-screen HDTV displays for optimal playback quality. inaddition , GPU Recover ATI Catalyst automatically detects software problems affecting the ATI Radeon graphics accelerator and recovers by automatically resetting the graphics processor and avoiding a system reboot (only available under Windows XP).plus, Hotkeys which used for quickly setup ATI Catalyst Control Center Hotkeys to instantly adjust and configure ATI Radeon graphics accelerators without running the ATI Catalyst Control Center application. At last Profiles is used to save ATI Catalyst Control Center graphics settings in Profiles, each customized to different games or applications that each require specific graphics settings.