Old Version of Audacity 0.94
Legacy OS support
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Preferences dialog (Joshua Haberman)
- OGG Vorbis import (Joshua Haberman)
- Silence, Insert Silence commands
- Split and Duplicate commands
- Mac OS X support
- Supports recording on Mac OS 8 and 9
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio.
- Record live audio.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
- Record from microphone, line input, or other sources.
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plugins.
Updates : Audacity Updates
Did You Know?
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.