Version History of Audacity 1.3.13
Numerous bug fixes
- Crashes on Windows when clicking in the track or in effects dialogs.
- Crashes on OS X when closing or quitting.
- Warning (on by default) now provided when importing uncompressed audio files and when read-directly uncompressed files are missing.
- Full support added for later versions of the optional FFmpeg library up to current FFmpeg HEAD. More compatible U-Law/A-Law exports.
- VST effects processing restored to full speed. Hang fixed when launching on OS X 10.5 PPC with VST effects present.
- (OS X) Files imported from iTunes could create invalid characters in the .aup project file. See here for help re-opening older projects that have this error.
- (Linux) Crashes or stalled recordings using the pulse device. Crashes using Play-at-Speed if Audacity was configured with libsamplerate.
Changes and Improvements
- Control Toolbar renamed to Transport Toolbar. Input/output selection moved from Mixer Toolbar to improved Device Toolbar (on by default).
- New "Sync-Lock Tracks" feature (turned on in the Tracks menu).
- Equalization now supports importing and exporting curves. Noise Removal improvements including new option to isolate noise.
- Improved Automatic Crash Recovery with all project changes autosaved.
- New "Extended Import" Preferences for specifying audio file importers.
- (Windows and Linux) Close button now quits on closing the last window while File > Close clears to a new, empty project.