Old Version of BitComet 0.88
Legacy OS support
45 scans reported this version clean
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- GUI Improved: add an option to verify login password at program startup in perferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add default task related info pane option in perferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add an option to set Bitcomet as default…
Screenshots are not available for this software
BitComet is a BitTorrent client written in C++ for Microsoft Windows. It has been translated into 43 different languages, with active forum support in English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and French, with plans to extend forums into more languages. The current preview release of BitComet also comes bundled with the BitComet FLV Player, capable of playing Flash video. A standalone BitTorrent tracker known as BitComet Tracker is also available from the BitComet Team.
The BitComet client is a P2P file-sharing program. It is fully compatible with the BitTorrent protocol, one of the most popular P2P protocols designed for high-speed distribution of large files. BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queuing, selected downloads inside a torrent package, fast-resume, Mainline DHT, protocol encryption, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, peer exchange (PEX), UDP NAT traversal, proxy, and IP filtering. The newest releases of the client (after 0.70) have added new features like an FTP/HTTP downloader, a download scheduler, and virus scanner for downloaded torrents. New BitComet clients come out every 2 weeks or so, but there has not been a "stable" client since the release of 0.70. BitComet also provides an embedded Internet Explorer window designed to allow users to search for torrents within the client. A default list of torrent index sites are included which users can modify or remove. BitComet also provides an embedded Internet Explorer window for the purpose of making torrent searching easier.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
- Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
- Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
Updates : BitComet Updates
Did You Know?
Among the usual features, BitComet offers chat capabilities, the ability to bookmark your favorite sites, a toolbar for Internet Explorer 7, and a context menu for Firefox 2.