Full changelog of 3.0 can be viewed here.
Old Version of MediaMan
This changelog is also available here
Version 2.51.2 (June 22, 2006)
* Fixed another problem in sorting function that may produce erroneous results.
* Fixed a bug where detail view column arrangement can't be saved.
Version 2.51.1 (June 20, 2006)
* Fixed a problem in sorting function that may produce erroneous result after editing items.
* Fixed a problem with secondary searching in wizard
* Fixed a problem where the detail view became blank if attempting to import an item in home screen.
* Minor performance improvement in sorting
Version 2.51 (June 17, 2006)
* New feature: detail view mode. This is a grid-based view mode that behaves similar to the detail view in Windows explorer. Items are listed in the form of a table. The choice of what fields to display and order can be configured on a per-category basis. Header-click sorting is supported. This feature is available in alternative program modes, such as search, tag, and status, too.
* New feature: automatically searching on a secondary site, when no items is found on the primary one. This feature allows you to configure a secondary Amazon international site. In a batch or single query, if MediaMan found one or more unmatched items, it'll prompt you to proceed another search on the secondary site.
* New feature: treating the search keyword as actor/author/title etc in the Amazon wizard.
* New feature: acending/descending option on all sortable fields
* Improvement, asynchronous list pane selection to detail pane update, providing higher overall performance when working with the item listing.
* Minor improvement on the user interface, revised button styles and sorting menu
* Fixes, some improvement to the datalayer provding higher sustain to faulty collection file and repairing capability
* Fixes, tweaks in the datalayer to meet the new Amazon ECS standard.
* Revised theme, HD DVD and glass frame cases included
Version 2.50.2 (March 16, 2006)
* Fixed a background search/parsing thread that could lead to deadlock/freeze or cause the program to be malfunctioning on fast processors, and/or processors with HyperThreading, DuoCore, or SMP (dual processor) technology
* Added tag group renaming feature
Version 2.50 (March 12, 2006)
* New feature: organizing by tags, with tag mode switch and tagging dialog
* New feature: organizing by status, with status mode switch
* New feature: program background thread status indicator, including rendering and searching available on top-right of the caption bar
* Number-of-item display in category tree, available in all 3 program modes, including tag and status mode
* Added new tag field to support the tagging feature
* Revised search tool, now embedded in the category pane, results are displayed in the item list pane, search engine style syntax is now supported, searching date fields is now supported
* Revised program experience, common item modification tasks can now be performed in a similar way. The manipulation of search result, tagged items, and status management are now as easy as performing the same task under categories
* Category overview pane used a new approach to list rental items, clicking items in the list has the same effect as selecting the item in the list pane
* Revised export wizard user interface, providing simplified process
* Exporting to CSV and HTML listing style now features automatic total price calculation if the price field is selected, same feature is available in printing
* Revised status indicator in virtual shelf
* Improved performance in item listing and virtual shelf rendering
* Improved overall program performance by avoiding handling unnecessary notifications and callbacks
* Option to render titles when exporting the virtual shelf rendering
* Revised frame user interface, zooming and sorting feature are easier to access
* Revised sorting feature in other part of the program
* A revised version of theme package
* Preview dialog will now automatically aligned in the viewable area in low screen resolution configuration
* Fixed a potential deadlock problem with background record parsing threads
* Fixed a problem where status isn't displayed correctly in the detail pane
* Fixed a problem where underscores (_) isn't being converted to spaces in the detail pane
* Fixed a painting problem in caption bar when working with multiple monitors
* Fixed a problem where the program doesn't accept registration names ending in full stop (.)
Version 2.33.4 (December 21, 2005)
* Fixed the long overdue registration problem. All trial users are strongly advised to upgrade.
Version 2.33.3 (December 17, 2005)
* Fixed a bug where importing a new item using the dialog will not work
* Fixed a bug where canceling the statistics exporting process can cause a crash.
Version 2.33.2 (December 14, 2005)
* Improved Amazon and LOC wizard result box behavior, added "not found" item report, can be copied to clipboard.
* Fixed a bug when editing an item in the flattened-category mode, item category will be wrongly assigned.
* Fixed a bug when editing multiple items in the flattened-category mode, certain modified items may disappear.
* General bug fixes to the frame window
Version 2.33.1 (December 1, 2005)
* An attempt to fix registration problems
Version 2.33 (November 28, 2005)
* Improved theme mechanism, added new group "Software" and "Video Games". They, plus "Book", now feature aspect-ratio locked rendering based on the original cover picture
* Expanded list mode now uses colored status
* Field show/hide settings for the search dialog, export wizard, print dialog are now remembered separatedly
* Fixed a bug where auto-save time interval can't be changed
* Fixed a small bug with the "rendering" icon in the theme package
* Fixed a minor problem with CRLF (the return character) in CSV exporting
Version 2.32.1 (November 14, 2005)
* Fixed a bug where show/hide toolbar and statusbar wasn't working correctly.
* Fixed a bug where importing an item from Amazon containing no pictures can cause a crash or a non-breaking halt.
* Fixed a bug where the LOC wizard accidentially quit the program while performing UPC and EAN based searches. (Note: UPC and EAN searches are not supported by the Library of Congress, recognition feature for both types of barcodes has been disabled. However, EAN->ISBN conversion will continue to work)
* Fixed several severe bug with the web-update feature.
(Note: The web-update feature of the previous version, 2.32, is broken. To obtain this update, please click here for instructions19. This doesn't affect version 2.31.)
Version 2.32 (November 8, 2005)
* Revised detail pane design and improved overall usability
* Revised theme design and default rendering
* Revised list pane selection behavior
* New feature: tooltips in list pane offering basic information quickly on rollover, can be turned off
* New feature: "Play It!", providing shortcut launch of media files and playlist files in your default player from within MediaMan
* New feature: new fields, "Location", "Number of Copies" are now supported, "Location" is available for sorting
* Improved virtual-shelf performance, lowered CPU usage
* Improved item status rendering, item status is now rendered in colored tags available in both list pane tooltips and the virtual shelf view
* Removed limitation on the number of characters allowed in descriptive fields
* Fixed a bug where Amazon query using Japanese didn't work
* Fixed a bug where the search tool don't search date-related fields
* Fixed miscellaneous bugs in virtual shelf renderer
* Fixed a bug where barcode scanning button didn't work in Library of Congress wizards
* Fixed a bug where custom status do not show up in detail pane
* Fixed minor bugs with option check in the main menu
* Fixed a bug where deleting an item causing list pane selection to reset
* Fixed a bug where image can't be imported from a directory with non-latin characters
Version 2.31 (MediaMan Web Update on October 20, 2005)
* Fixed a bug where "skip welcome screen" option is not remembered. This option is now also available in the option dialog.
Version 2.31 (MediaMan Web Update on October 13, 2005)
* MediaMan no longer relies on system Internet security settings. It's now possible to raise the Internet security level (in Control Panel -> Internet Properties) to the highest available level or use any kind of Internet security software with MediaMan.
Version 2.31 (October 11, 2005)
* Automated program updating from the web
* Unlock the number of images to around 25 in total
* Unlock the number of discs to around 30 in total
* Convert genre field to a multi-value field
* Revised category overview pane to show more information
* Bug fix: Field show/hide settings aren't being saved
* Bug fix: Window position and size isn't remembered correctly when is used maximized
* Bug fix: Collation system doesn't convert names like "Arthur C. Clarke", "Cuba Goodings Jr.", "Catherine Zeta-Jones" or doesn't convert them correctly.
Version 2.30.1 (September 28, 2005)
* Bug fix: collection file won't be automatically loaded if it's the first time you saved the file
* Bug fix: first time amazon import in new collection file won't show up in virtual shelf (just switch between categories, and they'll show up.)
* Bug fix: restore to the subcategory view from the collection overview, the detail pane will display the last record instead of empty if there's no record in the category
* Bug fix: category statistics feature wasn't working correctly
Version 2.30 (September 28, 2005)
* Improved virtual shelf rendering mechanism, renders in background without blocking user interface
* Virtual shelf live zooming feature
* Virtual shelf rendering cache improvement
* Improved rendering for items not having a picture associated
* Revised theme
* Performance improvement: textual data cache
* Importing from the Library of Congress wizard
* Preview of search result in wizards
* New fields: Genre, Rating, Subjects
* Improved custom field mechanism
* Handling up to 5 pictures for each item
* Editing multiple items
* Date fields are converted from strings to date/time
* Various new sorting-field options
* Category-specific sorting options
* Collection file structure improvement for fast parsing, safety, and caching (Collection file saved by version 2.30 is not compatible with previous versions of MediaMan)
* Revised item status, and custom status feature
* Improved category overview for status list
* Improved field-selection tree for all related dialogs
* Exporting virtual shelf rendering as PNG images
* Printing feature, and new export format
* "Show Flattened" category feature
* Gallery view in addition to the item detail view
* Miscellaneous user interface improvements
* Miscellaneous bug fixes
* Removed collection update wizard
* Removed price tracker feature
Version 2.2.1 (July 29, 2005)
* An emergency fix regarding images can no longer be retrieved since July 27, 2005 due to a change in Amazon ECS system.
Version 2.2 (Jun 5, 2005)
* A new set of virtual-shelf themes featuring 4 color variations
* A temporary fix for German and France umlaut (a.k.a. vowel mutation) letters can't be used during keyword search, this is confirmed as a major flaw in Amazon's ECS system, however, enormous partner sites will break if they fix this bug, I've decided to provide a private fix here in the program
* New options to support logical sort under collation rules, reversing first names and last names, sort items by numbers in the title (mainly for book series), and this feature can now be applied to the exporting function too
* New export format and options, allows to export to text files, allows to export into one file for each item, enhanced HTML export, tags are being standardized, image path issues have been fixed, HTML page style can be further customized using external CSS stylesheets.
* Revised list pane context menu, adding a new "Change Case" operation for quickly change item-appearence in virtual shelf
* Minor enhancement to field tree options, adding right-click context menus
* Minor enhancement to checkboxes, set edit box focus automatically to reduce keyboard strokes
* Minor enhancement to the collecton update tool, new option to retain the current image of an item
* Fixed multiple copy, cut, & paste bugs
* Fixed crash and memory leak problems in webcam barcode scanning feature (only in certain circumstances)
* Fixed multiple theme related bugs
* Fixed search dialog size bug in high screen resolution dpi
and key problem in the search dialog
* Fixed HTML detail view show/hide settings bug
* Fixed CSV export column alignment bug
Version 2.1 (February 7, 2005)
* Support for Amazon Canada and France
* New batch barcode entry dialog supporting CueCat and other PS/2, USB-based barcode scanners
* Linking to a file on the hard drive
* Fixed status displaying problem
* Fixed the ugly look of icons under low-color depth mode (16bit or 24bit)
* Fixed a crashing problem when clearing the image
* Fixed the issue that some of the fields weren't recorded in the new item dialog
* Fixed the default browser problem
* Fixed multiple minor issues in the program
Version 2.0.1 (January 24, 2005)
* Selection of multiple webcam (capture drivers)
* Added sorting by "status"
* Enhanced barcode feature, automatically convert EAN to ISBN if possible
* Fixed "hang" problem in the media item wizard
* Fixed error-caching problem in the media item wizard
* Fixed track listing problem in the new item dialog
* Repaired multiple issues in the search tool
* Fixed multiple issues in the export wizard
Version 2.0 (January 17, 2005)
* Using Amazon E-Commerce System 4.0 to retrieve information
* Improved batch barcode/ISBN support in media item wizard
* Webcam barcode scanning capability in media item wizard
* Enhanced expanded-list view, major performance improvement, sort highlighting feature, due reminder feature, field selection and 2 styles
* New theme-based "Virtual Shelf" view mode, providing an intuitive view of digital DVD/Book shelf
* Collection update wizard, doing web update as well as manual update
* Collection export wizard, export to RTF, CSV, HTML, with selected items, fields, or search results
* Enhanced edit item dialog, more regular fields, more custom fields
* Full Frame/Wide Frame user interface mode
* Full customization of the user interface with swappable view panes
* The ability to import custom icons
* The ability to show/hide certain fields
* Auto-saving feature
* MediaMan theme mechanism, customizing both the Virtual Shelf view and the HTML template
* Simplified price tracker feature
* Multiple major user interface enhancement
* Multiple major performance enhancement
* Removed "Media Type" customization list
* Removed "Thumbnail" view mode
* Removed support for old configuration file as well as price tracker data
* Removed multiple annoying features
Full changelog of 3.0 can be viewed here.
We help not because we need to but we help because we want to.........there's a big difference between "need" and "want"