Thread: Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod??

Question Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod??

I have a new computer and installed itunes and music.
    However when I connect my ipod it shows up but I cannot transfer songs from itunes to it.
    What is the cause of the problem and possible solution?
    Thank you for any help!!!

Major Advisor

Default Re: Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod??

In itunes, you have to sync you ipod first before you can transfer songs, photos and others. Sync your ipod first and let us know if this doesn't fixed your problem. We cannot give a clearer and straight to the point answer unless we know what we are dealing with. Since you cannot transfer songs and others, there are many things that might be the cause of your problem.

Thanks and have a great day.
    We help not because we need to but we help because we want to.........there's a big difference between "need" and "want"

Hi Roselina,

This might help you resolve your issue since I encountered this before first check your software it might need to be updated with the latest version. Try also to check if already sync in. Check the type of file that you are downloading or copying this part should be in a way compatible to each other; go check this helpful link iPod: About compatible song formats. Lastly is the Media file is not authorized to play on your computer. Here is what you need to do Double-click the media file in your library and enter your account name and password.

Hope this would help you!
    Have a nice weekend

Quote Originally Posted by apple4hong4 View Post
    It's because your iPod can only be synced to one computer at a time unless you enable the Manually manage music and videos option from under your iPod's summary tab. However, this method of syncing is much different from having iTunes automatically sync content for you.
    So in order to sync your iPod with the new iTunes you'll need to copy the music from your iPod over to your new PC and then erase and sync it.
    For more information on copying content to an iPod manually see this article how to transfer or copy music from iPod to iTunes
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!
    Your iPod's hard disk is either corrupted or dying. Try these steps:
    1) Eject your iPod.
    2) Make sure you have installed all the iTunes updates.
    3) Rebuild your iTunes library to make sure the XML file is intact and clean.
    4) Plug in iPid and use the updater to completely restore your iPod to it's factory settings.
    5) Replace the entire library on your iPod.

Super User

Hi,

Unless you enable the option "manually manage music and vedios" u can't transfer songs to your ipod

Update your iTunes to the current version,then sync your music to your iPod manually.

I think it should works.
    To do the opposite of copy songs from ipod to iTunes, you can refer to these articles:
    How to transfer music from iPod to iTunes on PC
    How to export iPod music to iTunes library on Mac
    Last edited by Kentyet; 08-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.

I don't know why that it's much more difficult to copy songs from iTunes to iPad than copy anything from iPad to iTunes...
    I try hard to learn how to use iTunes in the right way,but it seems that it's too complicated to backup stuff.
    So if you still face this copy problem,maybe you are interested in this PC music to iPod transfer.
    Hope it would help you.Good luck!
    Last edited by wAmjok; 08-08-2013 at 12:49 AM.

I just saw this thread, I think this is a very very easy question for iPod users, to copy sogns from iTunes to iPod,just use iTunes, sync to your iPod ,that's pretty easy. But you need to first backup authorize your computer.

Banned

Nice sharing! And you can use M4V Converter Plus to convert iTunes movies to iPod.

1. Download iTunes and install it.
    2. Launch iTunes and you can drag and drop the song files or folders with the music files to the iTunes window. The music files will then be added to the iTunes library.
    3. Attach your iPod to the computer.
    You can then start dragging items to the right side of the window. The items on your iPod will expand on the right side as you are dragging songs where you can drop them.
    Note: The first time you connect an iPod to a computer, it may ask you to setup the device with a name and a few other preferences.
    4. Select the iPod button in the upper-right corner.
    5. Select Sync button in the lower-right corner.
    It can take a while for music files to sync. You can see the progress of the file transfer at the top of the iTunes screen.

But iTunes sometimes may get your data lost during the syncing process.
    You may follow this guide
    How to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes
    Last edited by SamWhiskey; 02-27-2014 at 07:10 PM.