Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Statview.

Question Statview.

Hi y'all. I am looking for an old Mac software package called Statview. I would like to get version 5.0 or higher. Please let me know if you can help. I would appreciate any help or leads. Thanks,

Mat.
    ===

Article Writers

Default Re: Statview.

What's the current version for this software and what's the web site that makes this software?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help others? Join OldApps.com Forum.

Get Old Versions

The software is now abandonware. The company that used to make it - i.e. Abacus - does not make it anymore. Abacus was taken over by SAS and now they sell JMP. Abacus made Statview and I think the last version of Statview was 5.1 but I could do well with 5.0 if available. Not an easy program to find. You may think you have found it on a site like Amazon.com but if you look closely, it says "software currently unavailable". I appreciate all your help.. Thanks!!

Mat.
    ====

Article Writers

Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    The software is now abandonware. The company that used to make it - i.e. Abacus - does not make it anymore. Abacus was taken over by SAS and now they sell JMP. Abacus made Statview and I think the last version of Statview was 5.1 but I could do well with 5.0 if available. Not an easy program to find. You may think you have found it on a site like Amazon.com but if you look closely, it says "software currently unavailable". I appreciate all your help.. Thanks!!

Mat.
    ====
    Hey Matt,

After almost two hours of research, I was able to find this copy of StatView that works. You can download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2vkdjzd1dn0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help others? Join OldApps.com Forum.

Get Old Versions

Thank you so much for your help. It was hard to look this program so I am not surprised it took that long. But thanks to you, I can now get goin'. I found one original copy and they were asking for $699 - for abandonware!!!!. You did very well. Kudos, and have a great week!!

Mat.
    ===

I have a Mac version of Statview 5.0 on my intelPowerbook, quite uselessly since it only runs under classic. If you need the Mac version of this, email me. I'll look into uploading it.

I've got a copy of Stat View 4.5 that we use in our lab on an old PowerMac. We're moving to new iMacs (yay!) and we're trying to find a way to use Stat View. The best I've come up with is something called Classic on Intel (it's a preconfigured version of Sheepshaver) and it looks like it might work except for one problem. Disk 2 (of 5) of the floppy disk install media has gone bad which means I may be out of luck. I'm going to try to extract a working copy of the software from the PowerMac but failing that, I'm hoping to find a copy (preferably 5.0.1, the last version released) so if anyone can help, please speak up. I will gladly share the media I have and risk my boss finding out and killing me.

Bjorn

I sent a copy of Statview to oldapps but I can't see it here yet. I have sent you a private message.
    Last edited by jonmay; 07-20-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Administrator

Sorry about late posting. Here is statview 5.0 for mac.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mynb24uv9l.
    Last edited by admin; 07-20-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks, admin! That's great. I've downloaded it so it is time to see if I can get it cooking with Classic On Intel (which I can't recommend highly enough.) Now, the $64,000 question is, where can we find the update for 5.0 to the last released version?! <mischievous grin>

jonmay: Thank you for your kind offer (via PM.) Unfortunately, I'm a newbie and am not yet able to respond to PMs. I suspect the point is moot as the kind admin has now posted StatView which appears to be the one you submitted.
    Last edited by bjornnitmo; 07-21-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast