Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: need to go back to iTunes old Version

Default Re: need to go back to iTunes old Version

I'm trying to downgrade from iTunes 10 to iTunes 8, i uninstalled iTunes 10, got iTunes 8 and installed that one. I'm using Windows 7
    First i got the "iTunes library.itl" was created by an ealier version pop up, so i tryed changing the extension but couldn't (i don't know how to do it on windows 7 o something).

Then i changed the name to the iTunes folder in My Music, unstalled iTunes, rebooted pc, reinstalled iTunes 8 and a "The iTunes application could not be opened. A required iTunes componet is not installed. Please repair or reinstalll Quick Time. (-42404)".

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall again, then i moved that "iTunes Libraries" file to my desktop, unsinstalled iTunes, computer rebooted, installed iTunes again and a "The iTunes application could not be opened. A required iTunes componet is not installed. Please repair or reinstalll Quick Time. (-42404)" message came up again.

I don't have the Previous Libraries file, i'm on a new computer and iTunes10 was the first iTunes i got (got iTunes about a month ago), and i guess that since it hasn't have any updates yet that folders doesn't exist. I can't open iTunes because that messages pops up everytime

Help please

Article Writers

Quote Originally Posted by vivigm6 View Post
    I'm trying to downgrade from iTunes 10 to iTunes 8, i uninstalled iTunes 10, got iTunes 8 and installed that one. I'm using Windows 7
    First i got the "iTunes library.itl" was created by an ealier version pop up, so i tryed changing the extension but couldn't (i don't know how to do it on windows 7 o something).

Then i changed the name to the iTunes folder in My Music, unstalled iTunes, rebooted pc, reinstalled iTunes 8 and a "The iTunes application could not be opened. A required iTunes componet is not installed. Please repair or reinstalll Quick Time. (-42404)".

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall again, then i moved that "iTunes Libraries" file to my desktop, unsinstalled iTunes, computer rebooted, installed iTunes again and a "The iTunes application could not be opened. A required iTunes componet is not installed. Please repair or reinstalll Quick Time. (-42404)" message came up again.

I don't have the Previous Libraries file, i'm on a new computer and iTunes10 was the first iTunes i got (got iTunes about a month ago), and i guess that since it hasn't have any updates yet that folders doesn't exist. I can't open iTunes because that messages pops up everytime

Help please

I'm guessing this is happening because you might have a newer version of QuickTime Player installed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help others? Join OldApps.com Forum.

Get Old Versions

Major Advisor

You can try the step given below for Restoring Your ITunes Library File

If you decide to revert back to a previous version of iTunes, you may receive the following error:

ITunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

This error prevents iTunes from launching. The library file was modified to work with the newer iTunes version, so it is no longer compatible with the previous version. The good news, however, is that Apple does backup the iTunes library file into a subdirectory that you can use to revert back to the previous version.

To recover a previous version of the iTunes Library.itl file, use the following steps:

1.Open up your My Documents\My Music folder.
    2.We will first backup the current version. Rename iTunes Library.itl to something like iTunes Library.itl.bak.
    3. Go into the My Documents\My Music\Previous iTunes Libraries folder.
    4.You may see several files that start with iTunes Library and have a date included in the name. Copy the newest file in the folder.
    5. Go back to the My Documents\My Music and paste the file from the previous step.
    6. Rename the new copied file to iTunes Library.itl.
    Your library should now be restored to the previous version of iTunes, and you should no longer receive the message.

You can also try this link [URL="http://oldapps.com/itunes.php?system=Windows_7"]

If you have any questions, feel free to message me

Thank you and Have a nice day ahead
    We help not because we need to but we help because we want to.........there's a big difference between "need" and "want"

I currently have iTunes v4.x and want to upgrade to version 6.0.5 I . I installed the old one and when i try to open it

Major Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by tonmoy View Post
    I currently have iTunes v4.x and want to upgrade to version 6.0.5 I . I installed the old one and when i try to open it
    Yes sir, what happened when you opened it?

Thanks.
    We help not because we need to but we help because we want to.........there's a big difference between "need" and "want"

HI Everyone

Here is a step to go back to earlier version of itunes. Hope this help you guys with this issue.

To recover a previous version of the iTunes Library.itl file, use the following steps:

1. Open up your My Documents\My Music folder.
    2. We will first backup the current version. Rename iTunes Library.itl to something like iTunes Library.itl.bak.
    3. Go into the My Documents\My Music\Previous iTunes Libraries folder.
    4. You may see several files that start with iTunes Library and have a date included in the name. Copy the newest file in the folder.
    5. Go back to the My Documents\My Music and paste the file from the previous step.
    6. Rename the new copied file to iTunes Library.itl.

Your library should now be restored to the previous version of iTunes, and you should no longer receive the message.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314