Thread: iTunes: possible to run 2 versions on same CPU?? + Itunes 9 question

Default iTunes: possible to run 2 versions on same CPU?? + Itunes 9 question

I just got a new iPod that requires iTunes 9 or higher. I run on 6 because that's the last version I know of that allows you the option "Submit CD Track Names" (does 9 let you do this??). If this were allowed again on 9 then this would be simple, i don't know if it is, but I use that feature a lot to trade CDs between bandmates, and then you can create a CD whose track names come up correctly on any computer connected to the internet.

If any one knows any other programs that do this, that would be the easier fix. BUT, assuming not, is it at all in any way possible to run 2 versions of iTunes on the same computer, using maybe different logins or an external HD??

Major Advisor

Default Re: iTunes: possible to run 2 versions on same CPU?? + Itunes 9 question

I think it's not possible to run 2 different itune versions in one cpu. if you install 6 and you want to install 9 it will override version 6.
    Here To Help

Major Advisor

Default Re: iTunes: possible to run 2 versions on same CPU?? + Itunes 9 question

You have to install one version of iTunes in your internal HDD and another version of iTunes in your external. But i don't know exactly the consequences if you plug your external with iTunes. I don't know exactly if it will override the ones installed in your internal. I think putting an operating system in your external can do the trick. I did it once in my friends computer. We installed an earlier program in his laptop internal HDD and installed a later version in his external HDD but before we did that we installed an operating system in his external HDD and upon booting....you have to go to BIOS setup and choose external drives as your first boot priority and restart you computer. When restarted it will show go to the operating system installed in your HDD and not in your internal HDD.

If you have any questions kindly post it here so we can help you.
    We help not because we need to but we help because we want to.........there's a big difference between "need" and "want"