Old Version of FrostWire 4.18.0
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Java 1.5 or later
- An active internet connection
- 128 MB of RAM (256 MB Recommended)
- Fixes Bittorrent Incompatibilities.
- Mac launcher fixes bug where FrostWire would not allow itself to run on a external disk.
- Fixes bug on Welcome Screen, now you donât need to open FrostWire twice to get the latest welcome…
FrostWire is an open-source peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing program. It uses the Gnutella network and is heavily based on the better-known LimeWire program. It also recently included BitTorrent support.
The project was started in September 2005 by members of the LimeWire open-source community, after LimeWires distributor considered placing blocking code which it was developing in response to RIAA pressure and the threat of legal action in light of the U.S. Supreme Courts decision in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. When eventually activated, the code could block its users from sharing unlicensed files. FrostWire was first released in October 2005.
- No content filters
- FREE peer-to-peer application.
- No commercial nags.
- Included BitTorrent support
- Just pure choice, provided to you at no cost.
Updates : FrostWire Updates
Did You Know?
FrostWire is a fork of the LimeWire source code, and as such, it functions exactly the same. When you search for a file using FrostWire, you get results from LimeWire, and vice versa.