Old Version of GoldWave 5.53
Legacy OS support
42 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- 700MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space available
- Accelerated video card running at 16-bit or true 32-bit colour
- DirectX compatible sound card driver
- Up/Down buttons in Batch Processing and File Merger
- Redesigned file plug-ins to support more forms of metadata
- One Year licensing option
- Range settings for Spectrum Filter
- Many fixes and improvements …
GoldWave is a feature-rich commercial digital audio editing software developed by GoldWave Inc. It was first released to the public in April 1993, and is similar to applications like the open source Audacity, though offering powerful features at a very reasonable cost.
A version prior to the version 5 series still exists for download at the official website. All versions up to 4.26 can run on any Windows operating machine thus requiring a moderately fast computer to handle the program at it's best. But since 2004, GoldWave has evolved into a new era, changing from version 4 to 5, updating its visual aspect and introducing much more rich editing features and special effects, with the counter-effect of leaving old Windows versions compatibility such as 95, 98, 98SE obsolete (although GoldWave will still run on Windows 98SE, albeit unsupported) and render the software unusable on those systems. Also, the system requirements have increased considerably since now a Pentium 3 of 700 MHz and DirectX 8 are part of the minimum equipment required compared to the Pentium 2 of 300 MHz and DirectX 5. In some of the old shareware versions such as 4.13 you could continue editing as long as you like. You could perform 100 actions per session. After that a notification would be displayed for every operation. Fortunately you could just save your work and restart the program and you would once again be able to perform another 100 actions. There were no limitations in repeating this.
- Fast, high-quality, non-destructive editing, supporting up to high quality DVD format.
- Real-time rich-graphics visuals; such as bar, waveform, spectrogram, spectrum, VU meter, etc.
- A plethora of basic and advanced effects and filters such as noise reduction, compressor/expander, volume shaping, volume matcher, pitch, reverb, resampling, parametric EQ, etc provide functionality generally only found in very expensive audio editors.
- Effect previewing lets you try an effect before committing to the change
- Effect presets let you save favorite settings combinations for later reuse
- DirectX Audio plug-in support provides a way to add new functions and additional file formats
- A huge list of supported audio file formats, including but not limited to WAV, MP3, Windows Media Audio, Ogg, FLAC, AIFF, AU, Monkey's Audio, VOX, mat, snd, voc, etc.
- Batch processing and conversion support lets you convert a set of files to a different format and applying effects.
- Multiple undo levels
- Edit multiple files at once
- Support for large file editing
Updates : GoldWave Updates
Did You Know?
GoldWave is a very high rated, professional audio editing tool. It's fully loaded to do everything from the simplest recording and editing to the most sophisticated audio processing, restoration, enhancements, and conversions. It is easy to learn and use, just go ahead and download the trial free full functioning version now.