Old Version of Limewire 5.3.6
Legacy OS support
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Update translations.
- Fix a bug in which an out of date English name for the Galician language was displayed in the drop down menu.
- Fix splash screens (off by a pixel).
- Better handle errors when unable to get…
LimeWire is a free and open source Gnutella peer-to-peer network client released under the GNU General Public License. The program allows users to share files using the Gnutella peer-to-peer protocol. It was the first file sharing program to support firewall-to-firewall file transfers, a feature introduced in version 4.2, which was released in November 2004.
Lime Wire LLC, the developer of LimeWire, distributes two versions of the program; a basic, free version, and an enhanced version sold for a small fee, which is said to offer faster downloads. Prior to April 2004, the free version of LimeWire was distributed with a bundled program called "LimeShop" (a variant of TopMoxie), which was considered by computer security experts to be spyware. With the removal of all bundled software in LimeWire 4.0, these objections were addressed.
Please use p2p software safely: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/ftc.shtml
- Using new "UDP Host Caches", LimeWire starts up and connects faster
- UPnP support allows LimeWire to find more search results and have faster downloads
- Windows and Mac users can now take advantage of LimeWire's iTunes integration
- LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License
- Encode music into a number of different audio formatsonly uses one port for all the torrents
- Users can now use web proxies to route their downloads to protect their identity
Updates : LimeWire Updates
Did You Know?
LimeWire is a P2P file-sharing application for all types of computer files, including music, video, pictures, games, and text documents.