Version History of Empathy IM 2.33.1
This is the first release in the gnome-2.34 branch. As you probably
know, there is no GNOME 2.34 planned, the next major release being 3.0.
We decided to make a bunch of releases containing backports of some new
features and bug fixes from 3.0. This will allow distributions not
shipping GNOME 3 yet to still bring some of the recent Telepathy and
Empathy improvements to their users.
We are continuing, of course, to work hard on 3.0 which stays our main
The biggest changes in this release, compared to 2.32, is the port to
latest Folks release and the ability to search for contacts on the
Empathy is now also able to prompt you for your password when it's
needed, rather than requiring you to save it when you create the
account. This needs the very latest versions of connection managers (in
some cases, unreleased versions).
Older connection managers will continue to work but you'll still have to
save passwords when creating accounts.
• folks ≥ 0.3.4
• telepathy-glib ≥ 0.13.11
• libnotify ≥ 0.7.0
- Fixed #586257, In Empathy, "F2" key should rename contacts (Kushal
- Fixed #637847, Adjust for Folks avatar and presence interface renames
- Fixed #637097, Port to latest folks API changes (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626507, Connection error message is not shown completely
- Fixed #634853, Empathy does not allow Yahoo server to be added to
account. (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #640411, Crash when trying to create an ICQ account (Guillaume
- Fixed #635513, Message displayed TWICE (in chat msg overlay) when
opening a chat window for unread msg (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #639352, Notifications for login and logout need love
- Fixed #606947, support Contact Search API (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixed #640751, Mark a non-user-visible string as untranslatable.
- Fixed #636613, Become a server SASL handler (Jonny Lamb)