Version History of Adobe Reader XI 11.0.03
Following changelog applies to Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat.
- Items preceded by numbers are bug fixes.
- Added support for later versions of Safari, Mac OS X, and Windows Server 2012.
- Numerous enhancements to security features such as Protected View, Protected Mode, and others are part of this release.
- Automatic signature detection is supported.
- Added support for the Japanese Postal Code barcode.
- Acrobat and Reader now intelligently detect if a document may need to be signed. On successful detection, a document message bar appears with a button “Open Sign Pane” which on clicking opens the right-hand Sign Pane.
- Signature appearances can now be imported through the user’s webcam. Reader saves the signature for future use in signing workflows.
- Save a Copy: Allows the user to save the file locally or in cloud. The file will be renamed based on whether user signs the document or not.
- Send via Email: Allows users to upload the document to the EchoSign server where they can fill-in details and send the signed document.
- Send via Fax: Same as the Send via Email option.
- Get Others to Sign: Enables users to send documents that need signing to others through the EchoSign service.
- The dialog which asks the user if they want to save the signed document is removed, thereby streamlining the signing process.
- Tools pane performance is improved.
- The Tools Pane is open by default and the user’s selected state is saved across sessions.
- When using Export PDF, Create PDF and Send Now services, the user can now choose Open from online account > Acrobat.com.
- 3487462 In the Create PDF panel, the “Convert” button is now a “Select Files” button. After a file is selected the button changes to “Convert”.
- 3474631 When you open a document from Acrobat.com that you were reading earlier on another device, the document opens to the page where you left off.
- 3501525 The ExportPDF panel is now available in the Japanese version of Reader.
Win 8-only fixes
- 3491449 Pinch zoom behavior is not smooth.
- 3388860 PDFMaker plug-in not opening PPT file after conversion from FileSite server.
- 2964432 Unable to use tabs to put focus on HTML field following embedded PDF.
- 3434635 Acrobat browser plug-in does not calculate decimal numbers in an AcroForm correctly when system locale is set to French.
- 3360244 Page being incorrectly identified as scanned in the PDF invokes OCR unnecessarily.
- 3363487 Print button off screen on low resolution devices in Reader/Acrobat XI.
- 3514776 The IE AcroIEHelper browser helper object is removed. Needed functionality is moved to a plugin.
- 3337344 Cannot save PDF from Firefox when multiple windows are used.
- 3299733 In Reader, doing an overwrite with content type enabled results in a “bad parameters” error.
- 3430173 Error while entering the value for Managed Metadata field.
- Added support for the Turkish Currency symbol.