Old Version of FrostWire 5.6.4
Legacy OS support
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Intel)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (Intel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) (Intel)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) (Intel)
- Fixes issues parsing some cloud urls.
- Fixes issues with soundcloud meta search.
- Spanish translation updated.
- French translation updated. Thanks @jeromemorignot.
- Portuguese translation updated. Thanks @tati110. …
Screenshots are not available for this software
FrostWire is an open-source peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing program. It uses the Gnutella network and is heavily based on the better-known LimeWire program. It also recently included BitTorrent support.
The project was started in September 2005 by members of the LimeWire open-source community, after LimeWires distributor considered placing blocking code which it was developing in response to RIAA pressure and the threat of legal action in light of the U.S. Supreme Courts decision in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. When eventually activated, the code could block its users from sharing unlicensed files. FrostWire was first released in October 2005.
- No content filters
- FREE peer-to-peer application.
- No commercial nags.
- Included BitTorrent support
- Just pure choice, provided to you at no cost.
Updates : FrostWire for Mac Updates