Old Version of Maxthon 3.3.7 Build 800 (Beta)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 x64
- Extension loading problem in XP.
- Auto Refresh did not work sometimes.
- Reader Mode did not work in some sites.
- High memory usage problem.
Maxthon (formerly MyIE2) (pronounced max-ton) is a freeware browser. It used Trident in version 2 and before, the same layout engine used by Internet Explorer. The latest release, Maxthon 3, supports both the Trident and the WebKit rendering engines.
Maxthon seeks to provide many rich features, but without losing any of the compatibility of Internet Explorer. It competes directly with Firefox and Opera. Maxthon offers many enhancements over Internet Explorer. However, because it uses the Trident layout engine, it is subject to the advantages and disadvantages of that engine, although being more secure than Internet Explorer.
Maxthon 3 has both Trident engine and a Webkit engine, otherwise called "Dual Display Engines". It currently features:
- Ad Hunter
- Online Favorites
- Trident and Webkit engines
- Muting a page
- Magic Fill
- URL Safety
- Video Popup/Save buttons
- Multi Search
- Mouse Gesture
- Super Drag & Drop
- Smart Address Bar
- Private Browsing
- New Work Space Window
- Split Screen
- Snap feature(Screen capture with tools)
- Rss Feed Reader(Beta)
- Online Notepad
- Translation Tool
- Sync System(Now options & Quick Access only)
- Customize UI
- URL Short Key & URL Alias
- Enhanced Resource Sniffer
- New App Frame
- Group Feature(add all tabs to favorites/groups)
- Sync Center
- Subscribing AdHunter Rules and Global Rules
- Spell Checker
- Auto Refresh
- Calendar View For History
- Allowed to share AdHunter rules with other Maxthon users
- Reader mode
- Tabbed document interface
- Saves open tabs in case of program shutdown or system crash
- Undo for any tabs accidentally closed
- AD Hunter - an ad-blocking utility that blocks pop-ups, Web banner and floating ads in webpages
- Adobe Flash, Java applet and ActiveX blocker
- Customizable tabs and interface
- Programmable mouse gestures and mouse chording
- External utility bar - toolbar that allows you to open third-party programs
- RSS reader
- Supports many Internet Explorer plugins as well as plugins of its own
- Partial Gecko engine support with the use of a third-party program
- A search toolbar with 8 different search engines (user extensible)
- Automatic updating service
- Groups - the ability to bookmark & open multiple pages simultaneously
- URL aliases - open URLs by just typing a word in the address bar
- Simple collector - a small notepad-like utility, used to collect any text from web pages. You can write scripts in it and run them in the current web page
- Integrated web services - user extensible, but by default includes translators, Google's cached version of pages, Whois and anonymous web proxies
- Enhanced security - Even if a security hole has not yet been corrected in the underlying web rendering engine, Maxthon browser prevent most of the well-known exploits to run.
Updates : Maxthon Updates
Did You Know?
Based on Internet Explorer's engine, Maxthon is probably something of a curiosity for most North American users. It never really caught on there, but elsewhere -especially China- it's one of the most popular browsers around.