Version History of mIRC 5.91
- Fixed $eval() bug.
- Link control in custom dialogs triggers sclick event again.
- Fixed $var() bug.
- Fixed /channel display info bug.
- Standardized on the word \'color\' in identifiers and commands, and
in the help file.
- For Undernet servers CHANTYPES is now set to #&+ by default.
- Fixed install program always creating desktop shortcut icon.
- Fixed mIRC taskbar icon being redisplayed in some situations after
you\'ve minimized mIRC to the tray.
- Fixed function keys not working in non-joined channel window if
keep open switch is turned on.
- Fixed tab completion not working with $? and $input properly.
- Fixed /userhost not updating IAL.
- Added ctcp and whois protection options, and queue op commands
option, to Flood dialog.
- Fixed window icon highlighting when switchbar is turned off.
- Added support for numeric 005 NETWORK=name token (not supported
by any servers at this time) which tells the IRC client the name
of the IRC network it\'s connected to, eg. NETWORK=DALnet.
- Fixed status window log filename not being updated when a new day
begins and you have when the log by day option enabled.
- /font can now handle quotes around font name.
- Fixed Script Editor dialog 64k limit bug.
- Fixed Info section not working in address book if you typed in
a nick and pressed the ctcp ping, etc. buttons.
- Fixed the way /dialog and $dialog() windows are centered around
- Fixed numeric 433 triggering script twice if nickname in use.
- Fixed dir -b not displaying bytes in fileserver.
- Added Method and Notify list options to Nick color list Add
- mIRC now supports servers that send a /names list which contains
a full nick!id@host format in the reply, enables mIRC to fill the
IAL on joining a channel (no servers do this yet, so this hasn\'t
- Fixed fserve max cps feature not being turned off if set to zero.
- Fixed $rand() behaviour.
- Can now /filter blank lines by specifying $crlf for matchtext.
- Added Use query for notify nicks option to IRC dialog.
- Fixed switchbar right-click popup menu bug.
- Fixed $readini() not handling filename enclosed in quotes.
- When you have the keep channel open option enabled, mIRC now
clears the nicklist if a channel window is open but not joined.
- The listbox in the Control dialog is no longer sorted.
- Fixed $regsub() not returning original text if there were no
substitutions, and not handling backreferenced values correctly
when global modifier is used.
- /tokenize now correctly resets all $N to $null if no parameters
- Can now use $style() in custom dialog menu definitions.
- Added Up/down buttons to Control dialog to allow re-arranging
of listbox entries.
- Fixed Control+H scroll bug.
- Improved the way $null is handled in scripts.
- mIRC now reroutes text to the status window if it can\'t display
text in the current window, eg. a picture @window.
- Added $window().ontop property.
- Fixed Line marker bug when text buffer reached maximum buffer
size in Options/General dialog.
- Fixed font size bugs, relating to positive/negative font sizes,
in /font, $width(), $height, $wrap(), /drawtext, /window, etc.
- Fixed $readini() bug when used without the -n switch.
- Added Blink icons option to Display dialog, blinks switchbar
icons for channel/query windows if there\'s a message/highlight
event, or a flash event.
- Fixed !$identifier not prefix bug.
- Fixed editbox bug in 16bit mIRC under win3.x.
- Added /drawrect [-d] x y w h [w h], draws rounded rectangle,
must specify width and height of ellipse used to draw corners.
- Notify no longer triggers on a nick change if nick has only
- Added monitor file changes option to Editor dialog.
- $count() can now handle multiple substrings.
- Added $+(n1,...,nN) identifier, combines parameters.
- Added /hadd -uN, unsets item after N seconds, and /hsave -u, by
default /hsave excludes items that are in the unset list, -u
forces it to include the unset items.
- Dcc Chat/Get windows are now re-used if they are inactive and the
same person tries to chat with you again, or tries to re-send the
- Added back notify options to show address and time.
- Extended Hash commands to allow storage of binary variables:
/hadd -smbc < name> < item> [data | &binvar]
The -b switch indicates that you\'re adding a &binvar item to the
hash table, the -c switch chops the &binvar up to the first null
and treats it as plain text.
Assigns the result of a $hget() lookup to a &binvar.
All other Hash commands handle binary variables as well, eg.
/hload, /hsave, etc.
- Fixed alias/script recursion gpf bug.
- Added multibyte characters option to options/messages dialog.
- Can now use /did -z name id [min max] to reset a scrollbar range in
a custom dialog.
- Added -i indent switch to /aline, /iline, and /loadbuf.
- Fixed minimized icon and editbox bugs in 16bit mIRC.
- Fixed /whois on query option not working in single message window.
- Token identifiers can now be made case-sensitive by adding cs to
the identifier name, eg. $addtokcs().
- /filter -g switch now treats wildcard text as a regex expression.
- Added /aline and /iline -n switch, doesn\'t add line if it already
exists in window.
- Added two new variable types to $com(), dispatch and unknown.
These allow you to pass dispatch/unknown pointers as parameters
in a $com() call, or to retrieve dispatch/unknown pointers from
a $com() call, by reference.
To pass a dispatch/unknown pointer as a parameter in $com(),
specify the variable type as dispatch/unknown, and specify the
name of an existing $com() connection as the value.
To retrieve a dispatch/unknown pointer through a call to $com(),
specify the variable type as dispatch/unknown with *, and assign
it a variable name. When $com() returns, mIRC will create a new
$com() item with that variable name and assign it the dispatch
or unknown pointer.
In the case of retrieving an unknown pointer, mIRC will extend
it to a dispatch pointer if it can, allowing you to call it
directly via $com().
You can use $com().dispatch or $com().unknown to see if a pointer
exists for that $com() item.
- mIRC now treats mode format +k * as a hidden key on all servers,
for servers that hide the key from non-ops.
- Fixed /dcc send -l max cps bug.
- Added mp3 playing to confirm section in IRC options dialog.
- Added on *:unload:/command event, triggers only in the script that
is being unloaded. Also triggers if unloading via the Unload menu
in the Editor dialog.
You can use /unload -n to unload a script without triggering the
on unload event.
- Added history listbox to Control+F find dialog.
- Added /timer -pr switches, pause and resume a timer.
- mIRC now waits 30 seconds before a re-connect attempt if the server
says that you were throttled for connecting too fast. mIRC looks for
the word hrottled in the ERROR Closing Link server message.
- Fixed /ignore -uN not resetting nick color list colors when ignore
removed after N seconds.
- Fixed ignore button in dcc send/chat dialogs not working.
- Fixed Flood protection ignore feature not working for dccs.
- Pressing the enter key in the Channels folder now joins a channel
when you have an item selected in the listbox.
- Fixed $abook() gpf bug.
- Undo no longer works in a disabled editbox in a custom dialog.
- Fixed drop event not working properly in custom dialogs.
- Binary variables can now be 8192 bytes in length.
- Added /filter -a switch, allows you to specify a sort alias which is
called to sort the filtered lines.
- Added /cline -m switch, makes mIRC color a nick in channel messages
with the /cline color.