Version History of mIRC 6.1
- Fixed editboxes in options/custom dialogs using double-border when
themes are enabled.
- Fixed default browser issue.
- Fixed $serverip bug.
- The $awaytime value is now available in scripts that handle numeric
- Fixed $isid when used as first parameter in $iif().
- Fixed $nick().idle time being incorrectly reset in certain
situations, eg. /mode changes on a nickname.
- Fixed listbox size in firewall dialog.
- Fixed $sorttok() not handling negative numbers.
- Fixed custom window visual style display bug.
- Fixed $input() bug when multiple $input() dialogs were opened at
the same time.
- Fixed /set /inc /dec -cz bug which caused -cz to stop in some
- Fixed $script() and $alias() bug when handling LFNs.
- Fixed /amsg and /ame trying to send to non-joined channels.
- Double-clicking on web/ftp hotlink now displays a warning dialog
before the site is opened.
- Fixed /color bug.
- Fixed Control + mark/copy not working in custom windows.
- Fixed /background bug, wasn\'t applying settings in some
- $os now returns NET for .NET systems.
- Fixed Editor dialog bug, was not reading text in the editbox
correctly in some situations.
- All Socks5 firewall error messages are now displayed correctly.
- Added /play [-a] [alias] [channel/nick/stop] [delay]
makes /play use specified alias instead of /msg or /notice.
- Files opened for logging, sends/gets, etc. are no longer limited
to a maximum total of 50 or so open files.
- /dcc commands, such as /dcc send, ignore, etc. are now also
handled in the form /dccsend, /dccignore, etc.
- Added \'r\' switch regex match method to $read() and /write.
- Added /clipboard -n switch, appends $crlf to text.
- Added /dcc nick -sgcf , allows you to change
the nickname associated with a dcc send/get/chat/fserve.
- Added $file().shortfn/longfn properties.
- Nicknames in channel part/quit messages now show mode prefix.
- Added multsel value for custom dialog listbox controls.
- Uninstaller will now work even if you have other copies of mIRC
- Now using Visual C++ .NET 7.0 to compile mIRC.
- Fixed memory bug relating to registry handling.
- The /did -cf switches now scroll the cursor into view when used
on an editbox.
- /window now handles negative font sizes correctly.
- /window -o now displays a desktop window in a non-active state.
- Fixed /drawtext default colors and font/size bugs.
- Fixed tab completion wildcard handling bug for identifiers and
- Added support for .jpeg extension.
- Fixed /play -e display bug.
- $duration() can now handle h:m:s format and if N = 3 it outputs
in h:m:s format.
- Fixed /hop bug when part message specified.
- Extended $crc(text|&binvar|filename,[N]) where N = 0 for plain
text, 1 for &binvar, 2 for filename (default).
- Extended $disk(path|N) where N = 0 for total available drives,
and N > 0 to access each drive. $disk().path returns drive path.
- Pressing enter key in a dcc get dialog while focus is in editbox
now accepts the dcc.
- Added identifier warning option to editor dialog options menu,
halts script if identifier doesn\'t exist.
- Fixed /aop bug.
- Fixed /whois related memory bug.
o such nick message is now shown only in the query window
if one is open.
- Added /qmsg and /qme, send message/action to all open query
- If hide desktop windows when minimized is enabled, can now hold
down shift key when minimizing to prevent hiding.
- Channels list files are now saved to their own channels folder.
- Fixed $bvar().long/word bug when used with a binary variable
containing insufficient bytes.
- Changed DCC section in Options dialog, moved Ignore to own
section, and Folders section now uses a listview control.
- Changed default visual styles.
- Notify list dialog now uses listview, and added notify offline
- Added $ceil(N) and $floor(N), round to next highest or next
- Fixed $asin(), $acos(), and $atan() bugs.
- Fixed /playctrl gpf bug.
- Fixed /ignore -wuN combination causing unignore to fail.
- Fixed use default not working in background menu item for
- Added $msfile(dir,title,oktext) identifier, same as $sfile() but
allows selection of multiple files. Returns N, number of selected
files. $msfile(N) returns each file. If a user selects too many
files, $msfile() returns -1.
- Updated libraries to PNG 1.2.5, zlib 1.1.4, and PCRE v4.3.
- Fixed $base() bug.
- Fixed $group() bug.
- Fixed editor dialog not re-aligning and spacing out text when a
file is changed and saved.
- Fixed $chan().limit and other related bugs.
- Fixed list channels dialog gpf bug.
- Added custom file-handling commands and identifiers, which allow
you to open multiple files for reading and writing.
If file open fails, script continues to run. See $ferr
and $feof below.
Closes specified files.
/flist [name | wildcard]
Lists open files
Sets read/write pointer to specified position in file.
-b indicates that a &binvar is being specified
-n appends a cr/lf to the line
$fopen(name | N) .fname .pos .eof .err
.eof and .err must be checked after each file access
command or identifier, since file access errors will
not halt a script.
$fread(name | N)
Returns next cr/lf delimited line.
$fread(name | N, M, &binvar)
Returns number of bytes read into binary variable, where
M is the number of bytes to read.
$fgetc(name | N)
Returns character value
$feof and $ferr
May be used to refer to the result of the last file
access attempt in any script, where $feof = end of file
was reached, and $ferr = error accessing file.
- Added file type ignore warning, which pops up when a file type is
ignored, and explains why, with a direct link to the options
dialog, dcc ignore section.
- Extended /drawpic, can now draw icons from ico/exe/dll files.
- Fixed $findfile() not halting on control+break key in some cases.
- Added $rawmsg, returns raw server line for server events.
- Fixed background picture fill/stretch/etc. display bug in windows.
- Extended $send()/$get() .status propery to also return sent,
eceived, and failed. The .done property is still supported.
- All alias and remote files in the Editor can now be unloaded, and
a default empty file will be created.
- Changed buttons in all dialogs to standard size. Many dialogs were
re-designed to accomodate this.
- Browse folder button in dcc get dialog now shows a folder icon.
- Play button in sounds dialog now shows a play icon.
- Changed the way the add/delete buttons work in the Address book
dialog, and made changes to the info section.
- Simplified connect dialog, and added a separate servers dialog.
- Added a new section to servers.ini, with the following format:
A newly installed mIRC, which is missing the host entry in the
[mirc] section in mirc.ini, will select an initial random server
from this list.
- Added $file().attr, returns file attributes.
- Fixed $regsub() gpf bug with long strings.
- Can now use /* and */ to comment out multiple lines in an alias,
popup, or script. Each must be used alone on a single line.
- Fixed script custom @menu gpf bug.
- Fixed tabbed dialogs display bug.
- Fixed line marker being saved to log/buffer as empty line.
- The /dns command now indicates if a request is being queued.
- Fixed /echo -iN display bug causing indented part of a wrapped
line to display control codes.
- In the DCC Resume and Accept ctcp messages, mIRC now uses the
original transfer filename instead of file.ext.
- A single toolbar button is now used for the editor dialog. The
red light is now on when any of ctcp/event/raw are enabled, and
off when they are all disabled. A right-click on the toolbar
button now displays a most recently used files list.
- Fixed on top setting for main mIRC window not being set on
- Merge logfiles feature now closes all open logs before attempting
a merge and then reopens the logs after the merge is finished.
- Fixed memory bug in logfiles merge dialog.
- Added $input() options: \'r\' creates a retrycancel dialog, \'d\'
plays the system sound associated with each system icon, \'g\' right
- Channels list now displays channel names which begin with a non-
- On a throttled connection attempt, mIRC will now wait 60 seconds.
- Fixed mIRC not opening a new webbrowser for latest news, how to
register etc. links.
- Fixed bug in On Send setting in catcher dialog.
- Channel central topic editbox is now limited to TOPICLEN length
specific in server numeric 005.
- Fixed timed unban in /ban command not working with half-ops.
- Search option in View Logs dialog now actually searches through
files for matching text, as well as matching on the filename.
- Added /ban -k switch, performs a ban/kick. You can specify a kick
message as the last parameter.
- Incoming part messages are no longer truncated to 65 characters.
- Added Alt+D shortcut to open Aliases section in script editor,
due to conflicting Alt+A in Favorites menu. The Favorites menu
can however be turned off, in which case Alt+A will revert to
avigation clicks to sounds dialog, makes a sound when
you click on a url or hotlink such as a channel/user name.
- Changed the way colors are referenced for events text in windows
so that colors are now an index to the color type eg. Normal
text, as opposed to the 16 color palette.
- The log view dialog now allows you to merge/delete files that are
in use. It closes log files if necessary before using them, and
then re-opens them afterwards.
- Empty lines are now stripped out of popup menu definitions in
- Many interface changes and improvements.
- Added color scheme option to colors dialog to allow you to switch
between different color schemes easily.
- Fixed /server -n -i bug not setting nicknames in new server
- Fixed irc:// links not using default port value.
- Fixed main menu flickering when switching windows.
- Fixed /amsg and /ame bug when a long message is specified.
- Fixed $submenu() bug, was over-evaluating parameters.
- Fixed /rename bug.
- Notify list now displays network name and server address.
- Fixed $bfind() bug.
- Fixed $base() floating point handling bug.
- When repeatedly calling /notify to add multiple nicknames to the
notify list, mIRC now pauses for one second before updating the
server to prevent flooding.
- The $() identifier used in the matchtext section of a remote
event definition can now use $1- to reference the incoming line.
- The matchtext section of a remote event definition can now
contain a regular expression. You must specify the $ event prefix
to use this feature.
on $*:TEXT:m/regular expression/switches:#:/echo message: $1-
The \'m\' and switches are optional. The // are required. If
switches are used they must be standard PCRE switches, otherwise
the match will fail. You can use switch \'S\' to strip control
codes from $1-.
- On systems that support it, mIRC uses the new format for the
browse for folder dialog, eg. $sdir() etc.
- Added toolbar disconnect confirm option: requires two clicks
to disconnect from a server, to prevent accidental disconnects.
- Fixed $mp3() not returning correct .length for large mp3s.
- The on CONNECTFAIL event now sets $1- to the error message.
- Fixed $isdde() bug.
- Added /color -s scheme name to allow changing of color schemes,
and /color -l to reload color settings from mirc.ini.
- Individual incoming lines (numeric 322 during a channel listing)
can now be /halted in a script.
- Fixed popup menu resources bug. Submenus which were merged due to
duplicate names were not being freed afterwards.
- Control+Enter with a /! prefixed command now triggers on INPUT.
- Changing the flash settings in IRC options now applies them to
all open windows (whose flash settings weren\'t manually enabled).
- Fixed finger server bug.
- Added $line().state property, returns selection state for a line
in a @window listbox.
- Control+Break no longer halts a script if it is pressed while
mIRC is not the active application.
- Fixed long script filenames not being displayed correctly in
- Added $didreg() identifier, same as $didwm() but uses regex.
- Extended $fline(), where the T parameter can be 1 to use a
listbox, 2 to use regex, or 3 for both.
- Closing a debug @window now turns off debugging for that server.
- Added paste confirm option to confirm dialog, displays warning
you when you try to paste more than N lines of text to a window.
- Added Key combination Alt+X to toggle maximized state of a
- Binary variables no longer have an upper limit on the number of
bytes that can be stored.
- Added $compress(file|&bvar, blN) and $decompress(file|&bvar, blN)
that compress/decompress files/binary variables. The result is
raw compressed data. Where -b indicates a binary variable in the
first parameter, and -lN sets a compression level of 1 to 6 (the
default is 6).
- Added /write -n switch, prevents /write from appending the line
with a $crlf.
- Using /hdec on a non-existent hash table item now sets it to a
default value of -1.
- Added /debug -i <...> [identifier] which calls the specified
identifier before a debug line is logged. The return value of
the identifier is used as the debug line.
- The enable sounds option in the sounds dialog now affects most
sounds, including highlight, notify, window/icon flashing, etc.
Sound requests and Agents still need to be enabled/disabled
individually. This does not affect the use of sound-related
commands in scripts.
- Pressing Control-C while marking text in a window now copies the
text and cancels the mark process.
- Added /server -pfoc switches, which prevent: perform, popup
favorites folder, autojoin channels, and on connect event, on
connecting to a server.
- Time and date identifiers eg. $ctime() now return $null if an
invalid time/date is specified.
- Status window switchbar button now displays highlight state of
associated windows hidden with Alt+F1.
- Disconnecting via the file menu/toolbar/disconnect command now
results in a soft disconnect, allowing any pending server info
to be displayed. Incoming data will not trigger scripts, etc.
during this time.
- Added show nicks on join option to IRC options dialog.
- Added Alt+Z closes active window option to keys dialog.
- The $ticks identifier should now take account of the 49.7 day
windows tick counter wrapping around to zero.
- When connecting to a server, named addresses are now resolved
before checking for a match in the firewall exclude list.
- Fixed session time not being written to log files at midnight.
- Fixed $modefirst and $modelast not working in on op/deop/etc.
- Status window titlebar now displays connect info when you are not
connected to a server.
- $calc($null) now returns zero instead of $null.
- Fixed $dns(0).ip not returning ip address for a failed ip address
- Fixed $rand() number distribution bug.
- Fixed mark/copy display bug.
- Fixed /did not showing/hiding tabs and their contents properly.
- Added $comcall(name, alias,...) and $dllcall(filename, alias,...)
identifiers, same format as $com() and $dll(), except these
return immediately and allow the script to continue running. When
the COM/DLL returns, the specified alias is called.