Old Version of MySQL Server 5.6.21
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8.1
- InnoDB; Partitioning: Large numbers of partitioned InnoDB tables could consume much more memory when used in MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 than the memory used by the same tables used in previous releases of the MySQL Server.
- InnoDB: An ALTER TABLE…
MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that runs as a server providing multi-user access to a number of databases. It is named after developer Michael Widenius' daughter, My. The SQL phrase stands for Structured Query Language. MySQL is a popular choice of database for use in web applications, and is a central component of the widely used LAMP web application software stack - LAMP is an acronym for "Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python". MySQL is written in C and C++. Its SQL parser is written in yacc, and a home-brewed lexical analyzer named sql_lex.cc. MySQL works on many different system platforms, including AIX, BSDi, FreeBSD, HP-UX, eComStation, i5/OS, IRIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, NetBSD, Novell NetWare, OpenBSD, OpenSolaris, OS/2 Warp, QNX, Solaris, Symbian, SunOS, SCO OpenServer, SCO UnixWare, Sanos and Tru64. A port of MySQL to OpenVMS also exists.
MySQL Community Server Features
- A broad subset of ANSI SQL 99, as well as extensions
- Cross-platform support
- Stored procedures
- Updatable Views
- True Varchar support
- Information schema
- Strict mode
- X/Open XA distributed transaction processing (DTP) support; two phase commit as part of this, using Oracle's InnoDB engine
- Independent storage engines (MyISAM for read speed, InnoDB for transactions and referential integrity, MySQL Archive for storing historical data in little space)
- Transactions with the InnoDB, BDB and Cluster storage engines; savepoints with InnoDB
- SSL support
- Query caching
- Sub-SELECTs (i.e. nested SELECTs)
- Replication support (i.e. Master-Master Replication & Master-Slave Replication) with one master per slave, many slaves per master, no automatic support for multiple masters per slave.
- Full-text indexing and searching using MyISAM engine
- Embedded database library
- Partial Unicode support (UTF-8 and UCS-2 encoded strings are limited to the BMP)
- Partial ACID compliance (full compliance only when using the non-default storage engines InnoDB, BDB and Cluster)
- Partititoned tables with pruning of partitions in optimiser
- Shared-nothing clustering through MySQL Cluster
- Hot backup (via mysqlhotcopy) under certain conditions
For more information please visit http://www.mysql.com and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL
Updates : MySQL Server Updates
Did You Know?
MySQL is written in C and C++.