Old Version of Orbit Downloader 2.8.9
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- 64 MB RAM
- 6 MB disk space
- Internet Explorer 5.0 and above
- Firefox 1.5 and above
- Fix: "Get It" button doesn't show in IE8
- Orbit Downloader V2.8.8 ( Apr 7,2009)
Orbit Downloader is a freeware graphical download manager for the Microsoft Windows operating system. One of the main features of the program is its ability to grab and download embedded Flash Video files from sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe etc. Orbit Downloader also accelerates downloads by acting as a peer-to-peer client, utilizing bandwidth of other users.
Orbit Downloader Features
- Orbit Downloader works with all major browsers like Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Maxthon.
- Orbit Download 3.0 added the tag function, so you can group all the download files by the tags you setted. Click a tag, it will filter the download files which has tagged.
- Orbit Downloader is devoted to new generation web application downloading and provides a total solution to download music and video. So you can download streaming media, social music, social video, movie, flash and file from anywhere include Pandora, YouTube, Yahoo, Myspace and Rapidshare more simple and easy.
- In general, Orbit Downloader is based on P2P technology. It has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation. And Orbit Downloader has advanced robust multithread download algorithm implemented with high quality. It can speed up to 500% faster with great acceleration.
- Orbit Downloader is written with efficiency in mind, it typically uses less than 3MB of memory and 3% of cpu when downloading. Additionally, the installation package is less than 2MB.
- Orbit downloader Support HTTPS and HTTP POST method. Orbit downloader can make your downloads from file-sharing service websites include RapidShare much faster, safer and more stable.
- Orbit Downloader supports Metalink download and gives you extremely fast download speeds.
- You can easily download files with a browser click from any remote server via HTTP/ HTTPS/ FTP/ RTSP/ MMS. And the RTMP protocol will be supported soon.
- You can set Orbit Downloader to use a proxy server. Orbit Downloader can work well with HTTP,HTTP and SOCKS5 protocols.
- Orbit Downloader can resume broken downloads. So you needn't start the downloading process from the very beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted.
- Orbit Downloader's easy-to-use management features and simple-yet-powerful configuration options can make both your downloading process and downloaded files management as easy as never before.
Updates : Orbit Downloader Updates
Did You Know?
Orbit Downloader works with all major browsers like Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Maxthon.