Old Version of Sandboxie 3.72
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 x64
- The changes to Sandboxie since version 3.70 focus primarily on improving compatibility with Flash version 11.3.
- Upgrade Sandboxie to fix audio loss issues and crashes when viewing Flash content in a browser running under Sandboxie. …
Screenshots are not available for this software
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Sandboxie extends the operating system (OS) with sandboxing capabilities by blending into it. Applications can never access hardware such as disk storage directly, they have to ask the OS to do it for them. Since Sandboxie integrates into the OS, it can do what it does without risk of being circumvented.
Sandboxie also takes measures to prevent programs executing inside the sandbox from hijacking non-sandboxed programs and using them as a vehicle to operate outside the sandbox.
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Updates : Sandboxie Updates
Did You Know?
Sandboxie is released under a proprietary End-User License Agreement (EULA). Certain functions of the software such as parallel usage of multiple sandboxes are blocked in the free unregistered version of Sandboxie.