Version History of SeaMonkey 2.18 (Beta 3)
What's New in SeaMonkey 2.18
This document outlines a few of the new features implemented in SeaMonkey 2.18, important bugfixes and any new problems. Please note that these changes are relative to SeaMonkey 2.17.
New Features and Fixes
- Basic Private Browsing support has been added (experimental for now).
- Private windows never prompt even if normal windows are open (bug 846762).
- Added an about:privatebrowsing page (bug 837493).
- Add -private command line option (bug 837496).
- Added a File/New/Private Window menu item (bug 837510).
- Added an Open Link in Private Window context menu item (bug 841230).
- Open Location has a Private Window option now (bug 841616).
- Added basic private browsing support (bug 837492).
- Added support for safe browsing which blocks potentially malicious websites reported as attack sites (malware) or web forgeries (phishing) (bug 477718).
- Information like preview text, subject and sender can be shown in new mail notifications now (bug 404580).
Fixes in Beta 3
- Undo Close Tab did not work in private windows (bug 858825).
- Video statistics have been fixed (bug 863008).