Old Version of SpyBot Search & Destroy 2.1.17 (Beta 2)
Legacy OS support
0 scans reported this version clean
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 x64
- Antivirus scan (Home Edition and above)
- Enhanced GUI: a simple view has been added to many components and the number of dialogues has been reduced.
- Colour coded…
Spybot - Search & Destroy (sometimes known as Spybot-S&D) is a malware, spyware and adware removal program for Microsoft Windows. Like most malware scanners, Spybot-S&D scans the computer hard disk and/or RAM for malicious software.
Spybot was written by German software engineer Patrick Michael Kolla, and is distributed by Kolla's company Safer Networking Limited. Development began in 2000 when Kolla, still a student, wrote a small program to deal with the Aureate/Radiate and Conducent TimeSink programs, two of the earliest examples of adware.
- Spybot can fix problems with tracking cookies, system internals (Registry), Winsock LSPs, ActiveX objects, browser hijackers and BHOs
- A Tea-Timer module can be optionally enabled, which provides a level of active, real-time protection from undesirable registry changes and such
- Spybot is available for all versions of Windows from Windows 95, and offers more than two dozen different languages and several skins to users.
- Provides greater computer security by removing keyloggers and other programs, which put passwords, credit card numbers, and other vulnerable data at risk online
- Add-ons supported
Updates : Spybot Search and Destroy Updates
Did You Know?
Spybot checks your computer against a comprehensive database of adware and other system invaders.