Old Version of Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0 (Beta 4)
Legacy OS support
0 scans reported this version clean
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 x64
- Live Protection is now enabled by default
- Performance improvements for Live Protection
- Live Protection scans can be cancelled
- Improved compatibility with third-party products
- Explorer Context Menu Extension…
Spybot - Search & Destroy (sometimes known as Spybot-S&D) is a malware, spyware and adware removal program for Microsoft Windows. Like most malware scanners, Spybot-S&D scans the computer hard disk and/or RAM for malicious software.
Spybot was written by German software engineer Patrick Michael Kolla, and is distributed by Kolla's company Safer Networking Limited. Development began in 2000 when Kolla, still a student, wrote a small program to deal with the Aureate/Radiate and Conducent TimeSink programs, two of the earliest examples of adware.
- Spybot can fix problems with tracking cookies, system internals (Registry), Winsock LSPs, ActiveX objects, browser hijackers and BHOs
- A Tea-Timer module can be optionally enabled, which provides a level of active, real-time protection from undesirable registry changes and such
- Spybot is available for all versions of Windows from Windows 95, and offers more than two dozen different languages and several skins to users.
- Provides greater computer security by removing keyloggers and other programs, which put passwords, credit card numbers, and other vulnerable data at risk online
- Add-ons supported
Updates : Spybot Search and Destroy Updates
Did You Know?
Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.