Old Version of Total Commander 6.55a
Legacy OS support
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows NT 3.5
- This isn\'t really an update to the program, it just corrects a problem with the ZIP auto-exctraction module, which stopped working under Windows XP. The main program still shows 6.55 as its version number! If you already have Total Commander 6.55,…
Total Commander is a file manager for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move or delete files. However, Total Commander can do much more than Explorer, e.g. pack and unpack files, access ftp servers, compare files by content, etc!
Total Commander Features
- Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
- Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!
- Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
- Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
- Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting "full" directories).
- Compare files by content.
- Synchronize directories (with subdirs), or a directory with a ZIP file.
- Built-in FTP client supports most public FTP servers, and some mainframes
- FTP and WWW proxies for FTP connections; new also SOCKS4+5.
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, ace and uc2 are all supported.
- Built-in ZIP-compatible packer, supports long filenames!
Updates : Total Commander Updates
Did You Know?
Total Commander version 7.5a corrects errors which were found only after the release of Total Commander 7.50 final, mainly in the print function in Lister (for Unicode files), when unpacking certain encrypted zip files, and slow moving of directories within the same drive.