Old Version of Total Commander 5.51
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows NT 3.5
Unfortunately there is an error in quick search after installing Microsoft security update KB824141 on Windows 2000. The problem no longer exists in Total
Total Commander is a file manager for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move or delete files. However, Total Commander can do much more than Explorer, e.g. pack and unpack files, access ftp servers, compare files by content, etc!
Total Commander Features
- Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
- Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!
- Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
- Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
- Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting "full" directories).
- Compare files by content.
- Synchronize directories (with subdirs), or a directory with a ZIP file.
- Built-in FTP client supports most public FTP servers, and some mainframes
- FTP and WWW proxies for FTP connections; new also SOCKS4+5.
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, ace and uc2 are all supported.
- Built-in ZIP-compatible packer, supports long filenames!
Updates : Total Commander Updates
Did You Know?
Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.