Version History of VirtualDub 1.6.2
- Capture: Improved Unicode support.
- Capture: DirectShow video capture support.
- Capture: Enhanced volume meter.
- Capture: Alternate audio resampling mode for reduced frame drops when resyncing.
- Capture: Audio compression now occurs after resampling for better timing.
- Capture: Stop hotkeys are no longer system global.
- PNG images are now supported for read.
- AVI info tags are now supported.
- Fixed occasional crash when using DirectX display mode with 8-bit display.
- Appending type-1 DV AVIs caused the output AVI to have the wrong stream type.
- Fixed rare junk displays when overlay playback is enabled, caused by selection of overlay formats that the bitmap library cannot support conversions to.
- Fixed source formatting tags in timeline strings reporting huge frame numbers at the end of the timeline.
- Fixed garbage when attempting to convert Pal8 to Y8.
- Fixed slowdown in shuttle commands.
- 24-bit video depth settings in configuration files saved from 1.5.x were being imported as 16-bit.
- Fixed crash when switching to frameserver mode.
- Fixed crash when attempting to finalize AVI file after a disk full or file size error.
- Fixed expression evaluation errors in scripting language.
- Fixed intermitted crash in Preferences dialog related to enable links.
- Fixed crash when attempting to play 8-bit paletted AVI files.