Old Version of WinRAR 5.00 (Beta 4)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- If archiving operation cannot allocate memory required for compression dictionary, it automatically reduces the dictionary size.
- Decompression algorithm can store the dictionary in several memory blocks. It helps to unpack an archive…
WinRAR is a shareware file archiver and data compression utility by Eugene Roshal. Pocket RAR, a version of the file archiver for the Pocket PC platform, is available as freeware. It is one of the few applications that are able to create RAR archives natively, as the encoding method is held to be proprietary.
- Complete support for RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z and Z archives.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
- Files and archives up to 8.589 billion (10^12) gigabytes in size are supported. The number of archived files is unlimited for all practical purposes.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume(split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct even damaged archives.
- WinRAR supports advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- WinRAR can be tested for free for up to 40 days and provides free unlimited upgrades.
Updates : WinRAR Updates
Did You Know?
WinRAR is fully functional in Windows Explorer. users really like that they can pack or unpack an archive using your right-click control. they were surprised to find that they can compress and email a folder using Windows Explorer, but there isn’t an option to email an archive or compress and email directly within the application.