Old Version of WinRAR 5.21 (Beta 2)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Now by default WinRAR skips symbolic links with absolute paths in link target when extracting.
- You can enable creating such links with "Allow absolute paths in symbolic links" option on "Advanced" page of extraction dialog or with -ola…
WinRAR is a shareware file archiver and data compression utility by Eugene Roshal. Pocket RAR, a version of the file archiver for the Pocket PC platform, is available as freeware. It is one of the few applications that are able to create RAR archives natively, as the encoding method is held to be proprietary.
- Complete support for RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z and Z archives.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
- Files and archives up to 8.589 billion (10^12) gigabytes in size are supported. The number of archived files is unlimited for all practical purposes.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume(split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct even damaged archives.
- WinRAR supports advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- WinRAR can be tested for free for up to 40 days and provides free unlimited upgrades.
Updates : WinRAR Updates
Did You Know?
WinRAR can be found in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows version of RAR Archiver, the powerful compressor and archive manager. WinRAR's main features are really powerful general and multimedia compression, solid compression, archive protection from damage, processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives, multitasking support and Windows x64 shell integration and a lot more features can be found with this wonderful tool.