Old Version of WinRAR 5.21 (Beta 2)
Legacy OS support
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Now by default WinRAR skips symbolic links with absolute paths in link target when extracting.
- You can enable creating such links with "Allow absolute paths in symbolic links" option on "Advanced" page of extraction dialog or with -ola…
WinRAR is a shareware file archiver and data compression utility by Eugene Roshal. Pocket RAR, a version of the file archiver for the Pocket PC platform, is available as freeware. It is one of the few applications that are able to create RAR archives natively, as the encoding method is held to be proprietary.
- Complete support for RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z and Z archives.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
- Files and archives up to 8.589 billion (10^12) gigabytes in size are supported. The number of archived files is unlimited for all practical purposes.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume(split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct even damaged archives.
- WinRAR supports advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- WinRAR can be tested for free for up to 40 days and provides free unlimited upgrades.
Updates : WinRAR Updates
Did You Know?
WinRAR is a very powerful file archiving tool. It can backup your files and data & reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files that are downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. You can try WinRAR before buy, its trial version which availble for download in the rarlab website.