Old Version of WinZip 8.1
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Enhanced Explorer Integration
- You can now select multiple Zip files in an Explorer window and extract from all of them in one operation.
- You can now choose which items WinZip should add to Explorer's context menu for…
WinZip is a commercial file archiver designed for Microsoft Windows users, developed by WinZip Computing (formerly known as Nico Mak Computing). It uses PKWARE's PKZIP format, and can also handle a number of other archive formats. It is a commercial product with a free evaluation version.
WinZip began life around the early 1990s as a shareware GUI frontend for PKZIP. Somewhere around 1996 the creators of WinZip incorporated compression code from the Info-ZIP project, thus dispensing with the need for the PKZIP executable to be present.
- Make smaller zip files
- Explorer style view
- Automatically split larger files
- Command line support
- 128 and 256 bit encryption
Updates : WinZip Updates
Did You Know?
WinZip is a proprietary file compresing tool and archiving for Microsoft Windows, developed by WinZip Computing (was named Nico Mak Computing). It natively uses the PKZIP format but also has several levels of support for other compressing formats