Old Version of WinZip 8.1
Legacy OS support
46 scans reported this version clean
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Enhanced Explorer Integration
- You can now select multiple Zip files in an Explorer window and extract from all of them in one operation.
- You can now choose which items WinZip should add to Explorer's context menu for…
WinZip is a commercial file archiver designed for Microsoft Windows users, developed by WinZip Computing (formerly known as Nico Mak Computing). It uses PKWARE's PKZIP format, and can also handle a number of other archive formats. It is a commercial product with a free evaluation version.
WinZip began life around the early 1990s as a shareware GUI frontend for PKZIP. Somewhere around 1996 the creators of WinZip incorporated compression code from the Info-ZIP project, thus dispensing with the need for the PKZIP executable to be present.
- Make smaller zip files
- Explorer style view
- Automatically split larger files
- Command line support
- 128 and 256 bit encryption
Updates : WinZip Updates
Did You Know?
WinZip is known to be the most trusted software to work with compressed files. No other archiving tool is as easy-to-use or offers the comprehensive and productivity-enhancing approach that has made WinZip the gold standard for file-compression tools.