Version History of Wireshark 1.6.15 (x64)
- The following vulnerability has been fixed.
- The ASN.1 BER dissector could crash. (Bug 8599)
- Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6, 1.6.0 to 1.6.14.
- The following bugs have been fixed:
- SNMP dissector bug: STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO. (Bug 7359)
- A console window is never opened. (Bug 7755)
- dissect_rpc_array causes assertion fault when array is empty. (Bug 8145)
- Decoding of GSM MAP E164 Digits. (Bug 8450)
- Cannot read content of Ran Information Application Error Rim Container. (Bug 8559)
- "ACE4_ADD_FILE/ACE4_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY" should be "ACE4_APPEND_DATA / ACE4_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY". (Bug 8575)
- Wireshark Dissector bug with HSRP Version 2. (Bug 8622)
- LISP control packet incorrectly identified as LISP data based when UDP source port is 4341. (Bug 8627)
- Bad TCP checksum not detected. (Bug 8629)
- AMR Frame Type uses wrong Value String. (Bug 8681)
New and Updated Features
- There are no new features in this release.
New Protocol Support
- There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support
- AMR, ASN.1 BER, BAT, BSSGP, DTLS, E.164, GSM MAP, HSRP, LISP, NFS, RPC, SASP, SIP, SNMP, SSL/TLS, TCP
New and Updated Capture File Support
- Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
- Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
- Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
- Wireshark might make your system disassociate from a wireless network on OS X 10.4. (Bug 1315)
- Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
- The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
- Capture filters aren't applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
- Filtering tshark captures with display filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
- The 64-bit Windows installer does not ship with libsmi. (Win64 development page)
- "Closing File!" Dialog Hangs. (Bug 3046)
- Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
- Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
- Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
- Summary pane selected frame highlighting not maintained. (Bug 4445)
- Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times when displayed as a custom column. (Bug 4985)
- Community support is available on Wireshark's Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark's mailing lists can be found on the web site.
- Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.